• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Noton 360 on portable HD

I did a backup using Norton and saved it to my portable hard drive. What I want to do is restore my HD to original condition (no Norton or anything else) but haven't found a way to do that

Now, when I connect that HD via USB, what comes up is shown in atch 1.

I'd like to delete all that info but I cannot. If I highlight it, then click on Delete, what comes up is in atch 2.

What do I have to do to restore my HD to original?

File Attachment: 
Labels: Norton 360

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Noton 360 on portable HD

Hello boongsong. First question is, you said you want to restore the portable HD to its original condition. Did it have software on it such as other USB devices do when purchased? Or was this just another HD that you chose to use? I would consult the manufacturer for doing a factory restore if its as my HP removable drive was when purchased. Formatting the HD will remove what you are showing us, but will also remove any factory software that came on it.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows Server 2016 Essentials / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.356 / N360 Deluxe 22.19.8.65 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00
Kudos0

With the message 'Directory is not empty', try opening the directory and deleting the files from within the directory. When all files have been deleted, you should be able to remove the folder.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Thanks SoulAsylum for your response.

I guess I chose the wrong words. What I should have said is I'd like to get rid of the Norton 360 that comes up when I plug the HD in. Didn't mean to imply factory restoral. It was a spare HD that I had and used rather than a flash drive.

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

Thanks for the feedback. Just format the drive and everything will be removed. Use NTFS as the format.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows Server 2016 Essentials / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.356 / N360 Deluxe 22.19.8.65 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00
Kudos0

Thanks for that info. Just did the format and all is good.

Appreciate your help.

Kudos0

As always you are most welcome. Glad we could help.

Cheers

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.