• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

NS will not update and is STUCK on 22.2.0.31

Sorry to post here and on the ID Safe forum but I (and at least 1 other person) have an issue with my NS on 2 XP systems. On my Win 8.1 System I am OK.

My 5 license NS is stuck at 22.2.0.31 on my XP systems. I run Live update but it says that I am current. This has caused a big issue with the toolbar gone when I went to Firefox 39. In Manage.Norton.Com I see my 2 XP systems but there is a red X showing. They do not say what that means. I have been on live chat but all they say is to keep doing a live update. That does nothing. I posted on the ID Safe / ToolBar forum because I thought the issue was there, but I see that I will never get the toolbar update until my NS updates on my XP systems.

Any ideas what can cause this?

If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is!

Replies

Kudos0

Re: NS will not update and is STUCK on 22.2.0.31

Hi, I had the same problem on my XP system only, see my latest post at the provided link below, for possible workaround.

https://community.norton.com/en/forums/pc-wont-close-after-version-22501...

Kudos0

Thank You...

I will look, but I am not having an issue with closing...it will not update past 22.2.0.31.

SO, are you saying that you removed 22.2.0.31 and when you reinstalled from your Norton Account all is OK now and you ARE on 22.5.0.124? How did you remove NS 22.2.0.31, did you use NRT or just Windows Add/Remove?

ALSO, did it give you your number of installs back? I have NS with 5 systems and 3 used. Will it give me back 1 when I uninstall?

Kudos0

Hello MPSAN

This is what I advised you to do in your other thread. Remove your NS with the NRT so that you get a more complete removal. Then reinstall using the Download button in your Norton Account. If you find that you have lost the 2 seats, then just call customer support, and they will straighten that out for you.

Windows Control Panel will not give you a clean enough removal. Remember to reboot after you have run the NRT. Also reboot after you have reinstalled NS 22.5.0.124. Run Live Update afterwards.

.Please contact the free chat program by using this link.

http://www.norton.com/chat

Thanks

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Thank you. I can try that and also backup my IDSAFE as I use Local. I do remember how to do that. As far as live chat goes, all they tell me to do is to keep hitting live update and when I tell them it did not update they say to keep doing it! I chatted again a few hours later with the same response.

Kudos0

Hello

They are the ones who handle subscription problems, payments, Norton Account problems. They are the ones who can straighten out your account problems if you should happen to lose the seats, but that shouldn't happen because when you delete the program, it is  supposed to let you reinstall the program..

Getting a fresh install of NS from your account will give you a better install than getting it from Live Update also. It will have less bugs in the program that way. Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

OK, need to get NRT. Funny that the install went OK when I first installed NS on my win 8.1 system and 2 XP systems. It is just strange that the 2 XP systems did not update. I just saved my ID safe data so I can put that back! I Put it on a USB drive and an internal HDD to be safe!

Kudos0

SO, are you saying that you removed 22.2.0.31 and when you reinstalled from your Norton Account all is OK now and you ARE on 22.5.0.124? How did you remove NS 22.2.0.31, did you use NRT or just Windows Add/Remove?

ALSO, did it give you your number of installs back? I have NS with 5 systems and 3 used. Will it give me back 1 when I uninstall?

I removed via CP + Manual removal, you can use NRT because if you do it my way, it's tedious but far better than NRT, however NRT does the job.

Once uninstalled go to your account, manually delete the seats that were used with your pc(s) in question and download NS Downloader. Once NS installed, the seats will automatically & correctly re-created in your Norton Account (Management) via NS & Symantec servers.

Kudos0

OK, will try!

Kudos0

I have the same problem.  Will try this.  thanks

Kudos0

ddb, I am going to try this too! Wish me luck, I'm goin in! And, I saved my Local Vault so I can put it back as I do not use the cloud vault.

Kudos0

Running Win7-64 on 6 devices. I'm stuck on 22.0.0.110 and plagued by a 15 min shutdown. I Uninstalled NS and ran Norton Removal Tool. Then re-downloaded NS w/Backup and re-installed. About box still shows V22.0.0.110. I ran Live update which installed a few patches/definitions etc but no v22.x update. Check For New Version still says I have the latest and greatest. Any ideas?

Kudos0

SgtWilko:

Running Win7-64 on 6 devices. I'm stuck on 22.0.0.110 and plagued by a 15 min shutdown. I Uninstalled NS and ran Norton Removal Tool. Then re-downloaded NS w/Backup and re-installed. About box still shows V22.0.0.110. I ran Live update which installed a few patches/definitions etc but no v22.x update. Check For New Version still says I have the latest and greatest. Any ideas?

What URL did you use to obtain the NSwB replacement installer?

If you want the very latest version (that is available in your geographical area), please try using the following link to acquire the installer...

http://www.norton.com/latestnsbu

Kind regards,
John

Kudos0

I downloaded from my Norton account. That proved to be a bad choice...

I used the link you provided and went through the uninstall re-install process again and am now updated to v22.5.0.124 on my main computer. Just have to do the other 5 now. Odd that live update AND New version check were not working and saying v22.0.0.110 was the latest and greatest. ON 6 different PCs! Not too confidence inspiring when it comes to computer protection products... Certainly disappointing coming from a key player like Symantec.

Thanks for your help John.

Sgt Wilko

Kudos0

SgtWilko:

Check For New Version still says I have the latest and greatest. Any ideas?

Check for New Version only checks numbers before the dot. aka major version  eg: v22.  So, any v22.x is latest.   http://updatecenter.norton.com/Manual/ChooseProduct

Kudos0

...and /latestns gives the current one for ns without backup.

Kudos0

OK, it worked for me. I used NRT and then downloaded /latestns. It was 22.5.0.124. However it said my trial was over. No problem I went to help and tried to activate by entering my key. But, for some reason the Servers would not let me in for 10 minutes. Once activated, I ran updates and it found 16 of them. Firefox 39 was OK, but I had to activate the plugin.

What a time consuming event and I need to do this again on another system!!

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.