• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

NTB Chrome extension didn't load, NIS 21.1.1.7

W7 64 sp1

NIS 21.1.1.7 

Norton Identity Protection 2014.6.4.11

Chrome 33.0.1750.117 m (Just updated from 32.0.1700.107 m)

This was the status yesterday, 2/21, posted at NIS v21 NTB fails to prompt for vault PW.  Decided it should be a new thread.

‎02-20-2014 11:12 AM

Question on Toolbar software loading with any new version or RnR.

In the past the software for Chrome extension has not loaded automatically and I have utilized the unpack Chrome.crx method and manually loaded via the Chrome extensions panel.  I received this method via this site.  I noted at that time the Extensions page gave the unpacked Chrome.crx location instead of the NIS program location as the source:

Symantec Corporation ...

ID: lckf... Loaded from: C:\Users\...\Documents\Norton ID  Inspect views: ...

After the revision update, the Chrome extension is still using my unpacked Toolbar .crx instead of the new one in NIS program location.

I assume it should load from the NIS program location.  Should I have deleted the unpacked .crx and all traces once used?  Just how should this work?

Since then I RrR'd 2x, and deleted and reinstalled without settings save.  All this with ID Safe extension removed from Chrome and unpacked .crx deleted.  The NTB did not install.

Thanks and regards, Charles

Replies

Kudos0

Re: NTB Chrome extension didn't load, NIS 21.1.1.7

W7 64 sp1

NIS 21.1.1.7 

Chrome 33.0.1750.117 m (Just updated from 32.0.1700.107 m)

This was the status yesterday, 2/21, posted at NIS v21 NTB fails to prompt for vault PW.  Decided it should be a new thread.

‎02-20-2014 11:12 AM

Question on Toolbar software loading with any new version or RnR.

In the past the software for Chrome extension has not loaded automatically and I have utilized the unpack Chrome.crx method and manually loaded via the Chrome extensions panel.  I received this method via this site.  I noted at that time the Extensions page gave the unpacked Chrome.crx location instead of the NIS program location as the source:

Symantec Corporation ...

ID: lckf... Loaded from: C:\Users\...\Documents\Norton ID  Inspect views: ...

After the revision update, the Chrome extension is still using my unpacked Toolbar .crx instead of the new one in NIS program location.

I assume it should load from the NIS program location.  Should I have deleted the unpacked .crx and all traces once used?  Just how should this work?

Since then I RrR'd 2x, and deleted and reinstalled without settings save.  All this with ID Safe extension removed from Chrome and unpacked .crx deleted.  The NTB did not install.

Thanks and regards, Charles

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

Hi, Charles. Symantec is well aware of this problem with Google. They are working on a fix and Tony Weiss has started a thread for people with this problem.

You may wish to add your post to it.

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Toolbar-Norton-Identity/Google-Chrome-32-Compatibility-issues-with-Norton-Toolbar/td-p/1085059

Windows 10 Home X 64
Kudos0

Thanks, done.

Kudos0

nothing new.
IE v11, Chrome v 36.Symantec End Point Protection, Norton ID Safe. Windows 7 64x, ISP:CableOne.
Kudos0

I would like to see a solution not read about excuses, which is all I get coming here..Complaints, excuses, and reinstalls of both AV and OS due to registry corruption and wrong folder locations etc etc.
IE v11, Chrome v 36.Symantec End Point Protection, Norton ID Safe. Windows 7 64x, ISP:CableOne.
Kudos0

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.