• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

The ongoing "Can't login into Norton Account after upgrading from NIS 2012 to 2013" Saga

For anyone who is still interested.

The ongoing "Can't login into Norton Account after upgrading from NIS 2012 to 2013" Saga

I just got off the phone with Norton Tech support and I was told:

1) This problem has been resolved in Norton 360

2) This problem has not been resolved for NIS 2012 to 2013 upgrade. "They're working on it. No ETA on when it will be corrected"

3) If you are not running Windows 8 NIS version 20 (2013) is not necessary, use the 2012 version (paraphrasing the tech I spoke to: NIS 2012 is currently the most stable version for Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7. There is no advantage feature wise to running NIS 2013 on those operating systems, not to mention you can't access your online vault). The tech recommended just uninstalling ver 20 and reinstalling version 2012 via the Windows add/remove control panel).

Now that I said that it would be nice if an employee of Symantec/Norton would either verify what I said (or correct me if I'm wrong) here in this thread and update us on what is going to happen on this issue in the future. (PS: it also would be nice if all the support techs at Norton were on the same page concerning this problem because I just jumped through a bunch of hoops on this the past couple of days for nothing).

Replies

Kudos0

Re: The ongoing "Can't login into Norton Account after upgrading from NIS 2012 to 2013" Saga

Hi sewing1243,

I will contact Norton and make them aware of this thread and the information a tech gave you.

Kudos2 Stats

Re: The ongoing "Can't login into Norton Account after upgrading from NIS 2012 to 2013" Saga

Hi sewing1243,

For the reference of others, you mean this issue posted to this thread regarding problems logging into Norton Account after upgrading from NIS 2012 to NIS 2013, correct? I'm sorry you received this misleading information. I have sent you a Private Message requesting more information about your Customer Support call, so we can get everyone on the same page. Please see your numbered list below, and my comments.

1) This problem has been resolved in Norton 360  The problem had a few different causes, and we have resolved many of the login problems for Norton Account with the last few updates. 

2) This problem has not been resolved for NIS 2012 to 2013 upgrade. "They're working on it. No ETA on when it will be corrected" There may have been a communication issue with the agent -- all updates and fixes are rolled out to both NIS and N360 equally. It's still vague as to what exactly is resolved here. Was the agent referring to your specific issue? Or all Norton Account Identity Safe Vault login issues?

3) If you are not running Windows 8 NIS version 20 (2013) is not necessary, use the 2012 version (paraphrasing the tech I spoke to: NIS 2012 is currently the most stable version for Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7. There is no advantage feature wise to running NIS 2013 on those operating systems, not to mention you can't access your online vault). The tech recommended just uninstalling ver 20 and reinstalling version 2012 via the Windows add/remove control panel).

Much like with #2, this too might have been a communication problem. We always recommend that you are running the latest version of your Norton Product. There are many advantages to running the latest version, and to parse out the avantages in such a way is misleading. I'll let other customers weigh in on the advantages of 2013 on a different thread, but to sum up NO, I wholly disagree with #3. I suspect it may be something said or written in a different context, but without more information it's hard to tell.

Tony Weiss | Norton Forums Global Community Manager | Symantec Corporation

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.