• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Outlook 2007 Certificate Error (Yahoo)

I thought I created a thread but now cannot find it.  Here it is again:

I get a warning when sending email in Outlook 2007. I use Yahoo pop email and I have a paid Yahoo account. I never got this until I set up my new "Used" desktop a few days ago.  Same operating system...Windows 7 Professional. I didn't have this problem previously on my other PC.  It occurs when the progress dialog box switches to sending mail.

The dialog box title is "Internet Security Warning". 

I have attached a Word doc with screenshots.  As long as I click "yes" in the initial alert the email will be sent with no other issues. 

I just checked my old PC and it still doesn't happen on it.  I also double checked my email account settings. Is there a certificate on the PC somewhere? 

The reason I am searching the Symantec forums is because, when I click on the "view certificate" button, it shows a certificate path that has "Symantec Class 3 Secure Server CA-G4" in it. It also has "legacy.pop.mail.yahoo.com" in it.

Has anyone seen this before or having this problem, now?  Do you know how to fix it.  I did search on Yahoo email but didn't find anything.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Outlook 2007 Certificate Error (Yahoo)

Hello lpleb

Please check the date on that certificate that you noticed. Has it expired? Certificates would come under the Corporate part of Symantec. This is the home section.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NSBU 22.17.0.183 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Hi Floplot, no it hasn't expired.  I should have mentioned that.  It is good from 10/05/2015 to 10/05/2016.  Is there a way to locate it on my PC or is it on the web somewhere?  This didn't start until I set up my new PC (actually used).

Kudos0

And, my old pc still does NOT get this message.

Kudos0

Check to make sure the date on your computer is correct.  If the year is wrong the PC will think the cert is expired.

Kudos0

No, it is correct at 07/12/2016.

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

I figured it out. I went to Microsoft's web site and was about to open a case, based on Yahoo's recommendation, when I thought...are there any updates for my Office 2007 software.  Sure enough, checked and no service packs had been installed.  I found SP3 and installed it...problem gone.  I only recently upgraded to Office 2007 from Office 2003 (yeah, big leap) on my older PC and did not remember installing SP3.  I suppose I might have gotten it automatically if I had Windows Update on Auto-Pilot and opted for Microsoft software updates.

Thanks for your inputs, SendOfJive and Floplot.

Kudos0

Hello

Verizon just bought Yahoo and is going to merge it with AOL. You are welcome.

Thanks

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NSBU 22.17.0.183 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Some of the very large companies use whats called "Trusted Root Certificates" and those certificates require windows to be updated for them to work.  Windows update used to deliver periodic updates for them, I'm not sure if they still do or if they just push them out in service packs.

I had the same problem with Outlook 2007 and Hotmail, seemed odd since Microsoft owns Windows, outlook, and Hotmail, but that's the way it works.  I also had to update outlook to the latest service pack to stop the errors.

Dave

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.