• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!


Password Manager Chrome extension on Opera GX

Just a heads up and adding to all the other issues going on with this release of N360. BEFORE the Feb. Microsoft updates on Tuesday, the extension from Chrome which has worked awesome on Opera GX for months, stopped populating the auto-fill information. I've actually gotten locked out of one bank account while even MANUALLY putting in the username and password for that login with the vault open. With the extension active in Opera that persists. Reinstalling the extension from the Google Play Store corrects nothing. If I remove the extension from Opera, then reboot the system I can manually input the logins I need to use. Additionally, I have validated the extensions for Edge DO WORK as advertised. I do NOT use IE anymore. There aren't any error codes or notifications from my Norton product about the logins they just DON'T work anymore under Opera GX. Nothing appears in system event logs either. I has also reset the Norton product firewall. No changes in the issue.

On a side note, in Opera, if I activate the VPN I cannot log into the vault. Closing out the VPN then allows access to log into the vault. As stated before nothing auto-fills.

I have since installed the monthly MS updates, nothing has changed. 


"From DOS to Windows 10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows Server 2016 Essentials / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 20H2 / build 19042.630 / N-360 Deluxe / Norton Core v.200827_317 on Android 2.28.01 / Opera GX LVL 2 (core: 71.0.3770.310) w/Chrome Extensions



Re: Password Manager Chrome extension on Opera GX

I've got exactly the same issue and tried the same things. I've been forced to go back to Firefox which I'd dumped last year because it keeps locking up, it needs more memory and processor than I have. I had none of these issues on my Windows 7 machine only Windows 10 machines. Now I've downgraded my Windows 7 machine to Windows 10 this week PWM has stopped working with OPERA on that machine. If anybody has found a work-around I'd be grateful to hear about it.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.