• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Port 500

I am installing a program on one pc on my network that needs to communicate with another pc on my network.

The software requires the communication over port 500 on my firewall.

How do I open port 500.

Regards,
Russell Cox

Labels: Firewall

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Port 500

Are you having a problem with the connection?  Assuming the software is a known, legitimate program, the firewall should make the proper port configurations automatically.

Kudos0

The program on the application pc has a test program that when executed tests the connection (communicates to server). This, of course fails. So, I want to check port 500 on both pc's to see if they are listening. The other pc (server) is using ESET A/V and I'm working on verifying that port 500 is open there. I can't find any instructions on how to set port 500 open or to test to see if it is open using Norton on the application pc.

Regards,
Russell Cox

Kudos0

Look in Program Control for the program you are using.  If it is set to "Allow" or "Auto" then the firewall is not blocking it.  You can also highlight the entry and remove it.  Norton will then recreate the firewall rules when you launch the program, which can often resolve this sort of thing.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.