• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

problem after download version 22.12.0.103

after done download new version 22.12.0.103 there is message error in function repare automatic norton verift why??

Replies

Kudos0

Re: problem after download version 22.12.0.103

Hi @SIVIM SRL,

Thanks for reporting an issue in Norton Community Forums. Could you please post a screenshot of error message? 

How to post an image in the forums

Sunil_GA | Norton Forums Administrator | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

I just installed the newest version 22.12.0.103 and everything seem to be working fine!

Kudos0

Installed on 2 computers  only 1 small problem with activation on a windows 8.1 laptop top for a few seconds   red x fixed it self

Kudos0

All: Just installed on my Dell laptop. Connection to the activation server "hung" for 2-3 minutes but finally connected. Toolbar loads in IE11 and the vault loads/opens as advertised. I will install on my AMD based machines later in the day and see if they present any issues.

SIVIM SRL If you are using Windows 10 disable "fast boot" and restart your machine. Hopefully that will clear your issue. Here is how: https://community.norton.com/en/forums/windows-881-or-10-and-fast-start-feature-0

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Home / Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.239 / N360 Deluxe 22.17.3.50 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00
Kudos0

Just installed after a live update and required two restarts for it to complete. After the first restart there was a Microsoft message saying my Norton Subscription expires in one day and to renew to continue using, which I ignored! Also the UI was red after first restart and stated another restart was needed. After second restart all appears to be correct. V. 22.12.0.103

Regards

Kudos0

MESSAGE REPAIR INSTALLATION FAILED

Kudos0

MESSAGE REPAIR INSTALLATION FAILED

Kudos0

Me also.  Liveupdate offered an unusually large download (100mb +)  this installed required reboot then my licence was invalid.  Logging into Norton server to validate failed.  Now this is cascading to other PCs and devices and as I fix them rather than use original licence a new licence is being used up?

Can someone from support fix the licence usage issue.  Was this update tested?  Please reset my licences.

Kudos0

My experience :

Got the re-release of 22.12 this AM:

WIN 7 running Comcast NSS went as advertised - 2 LU's and a reboot in between

Note: You may need to run LiveUpdate and reboot a few times before your product is completely updated to the latest version in all the operating systems

WIN 10 CU running NSBU went differently:  2 LU's and restart and then got a notification saying 1 day left on Norton Subscription.  The  Subscription Status (check) was missing in Help and the Subscription Status on the bottom of the main page said "Checking".  I then ran LU again and received a PATCH - which I applied and upon restarting applications after the patch, I got an Error 8510, 105 and instructions to close all programs and restart.  Upon restart all looks OK, All the items are back in the HELP section and my Subscription Status shows the correct Active and number of days.

Kudos0

ipdouglas Have you ran live updates twice and rebooted at least twice?

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Home / Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.239 / N360 Deluxe 22.17.3.50 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00
Kudos0

Norton Security
Windows 10 Home
16299.15.amd64fre.rs3_release.170928-1534
Risultati di Riparazione automatica Norton: 1 elemento/i
Installazione :: Non riuscita

Kudos1 Stats

No and why would I?  Re-booting the once (as requested) should have been enough.  If my installation was to be corrupted and then my licence revoked then perhaps Norton should have told me?  

What I did was re-download and re-install and that eventually fixed it apart from my PC being recognised (or rather NOT RECOGNISED) and an additional licence gobbled up.

Poor programming and communication from Norton.  Why did they not email out to warn everybody ?  Probably because they tested poorly and did not give a toss?

Kudos0

Hi @ipdouglas,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Could you please try again activating Norton by logging into Norton account from Norton Product and let us know the issue status? 

Sunil_GA | Norton Forums Administrator | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Hello Sunil_GA,  I have completely downloaded and re-installed but my PC that was already using a licence then used up a new licence.

Ian

Kudos0

Hi All,

I am currently running this new version of Norton Security V.22.12.0.103. All appears to be running correctly (Except tracking cookies are still not being found....) but having just switched on my pc there is a Windows notification from 'Norton Security' stating that my subscription has one day left. Time stamp is showing Monday. Checked my subs status and I am shown as having 274 days remaining. 

Clearly something else that needs to be fixed in a coming patch!

Kudos0

Hi brumie,

My experience - from here:

https://community.norton.com/en/comment/7794791#comment-7794791

WIN 10 CU running NSBU went differently:  2 LU's and restart and then got a notification saying 1 day left on Norton Subscription.  The  Subscription Status (check) was missing in Help and the Subscription Status on the bottom of the main page said "Checking".  I then ran LU again and received a PATCH - which I applied and upon restarting applications after the patch, I got an Error 8510, 105 and instructions to close all programs and restart.  Upon restart all looks OK, All the items are back in the HELP section and my Subscription Status shows the correct Active and number of days.

Kudos0

Hi yank,

It would appear that for some of us we seemed to get slightly different results from updating to this recent version the other day. I sat back and didn't rush it along when it was updating, just let it do it's thing. Even when it said my subs were needing to be updated I waited and then it righted itself within the minute. I suppose it's a case of watch this space.....

Regards

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.