• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Problems With Google Chrome Since Installing Norton 22.5.2.15

After getting the new version of Norton (22.5.2.15)  I've been having problems launching Google Chrome. I need to constantly restart my computer in order to launch Google Chrome. I didn't immediately have this problem but after about 3 weeks with the new Norton. I uninstalled the Google Chrome  and reinstalled it, but am still having the problem. I'm not having this with IE9. Also I wonder if I can  uncheck disk optimization in Norton  settings as I believe this is the same as disk defragmentation which is done by Windows Vista. In other words is disk optimization needed? I thought maybe the disk optimization was the problem as I don't believe that was part of my last Norton version. I went to the Google Chrome Forum and others are having a problem launching Google Chrome. Someone else in my family is not having the problem launching Google Chrome, but doesn't have the new version Norton but the older version and is running Windows XP.

Holly

Windows Vista Home Premiun. IE9, Google Chrome 44.0.2403.155m

Replies

Kudos1 Stats

Re: Problems With Google Chrome Since Installing Norton 22.5.2.15

hi Holly

You can turn off Disc Optimisation through the Settings on the main Norton UI.

Select Tasks Scheduling and remove the X from Disc Optimisation additionally, in Administrative Settings turn off Idle Time Optimiser.

I'm not a user of Chrome so am not able to assist with that, no doubt another users will visit your thread who will be able to assist.

Michael 

Kudos0

Thanks for the reply. I knew about removing X from disk Optimization in scheduling tasks, but you reminded me I should also turn off Idle Time Optimizer. I did both and haven't had the problem since. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed. I will do the disk optimizer manually every so often, but I don't know why I should have to even do that if I have disk defrag on my Windows Vista computer. Am I right that disk optimizer was not on the version before the 22.5.2.15 version?  If so, I wonder why it was added to this newest version as most computers, probably all computers, have disk defrag.

I guessed that the disk optimizer was the problem. I thought at first my computer was going up or had malware on it. But nothing has showed up on the Norton Full Scan or the Microsoft Safety Scanner, which takes a long time to do as no files are skipped.

Thanks again,

Holly

Kudos1 Stats

Holly: Am I right that disk optimizer was not on the version before the 22.5.2.15 version?  If so, I wonder why it was added to this newest version as most computers, probably all computers, have disk defrag.

Features of v22.x were folded into v21.x  
So, if you ran NIS/NAV v21.x ...you now have v22.x Performance Tools.  I agree with you.  Absolutely, not needed and I do not use.   Actually, Norton defrag/optimize calls Windows defrag/optimize.   Go through settings to familiarize and confirm your preference.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.