• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Quicken 2014 Premier causes Norton Security to Crash

If I have Quicken 2014 Premier open, when I try to "Open Norton Security", or "Get Support", Norton Security crashes, and re-starts (system toolbar). If a problem happens (with Quicken open), where I have the option for "Norton Autofix", clicking gets me a System Error message from Norton. In other words, the Norton Error Fix program is Erroring-out, because of something in Quicken.

I have Windows Xp Sp3.

This did NOT happen with Norton Internet Security. Since I do Not usually run Norton Security main window, at the same time as I am running Quicken, I am not sure whether this was a problem from the start of replacing Norton Internet Security with Norton Security.

Though, having to bring up Norton Security to open up Identity Safe, to MANUALLY find Id/Pw's, recently, it has been happening. WHEN will Identity Safe be able to Re-attach to Firefox???

Last run of Norton Autofix (without Quicken Open) found NO problems.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Quicken 2014 Premier causes Norton Security to Crash

I'm not sure about the Quicken issue. I use Quicken 2015 Canadian edition and see not problems. But I'm also on Win 10.

There is a partially working Firefox extension now.    See    Pre-Release Norton Identity Safe extension for Firefox browser

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

hey markfr,

I am facing the same issue from last few months. Any help? Thanks in advance.

Kudos0

Hello

Perhaps this site may help you with Quicken. The Firewall has to be configured properly. https://www.quicken.com/support/configuring-firewalls

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

I checked the Norton Security Firewall settings. It is using Automatic settings for Quicken. What is awesomium_process.exe (Awesomium Renderer) in Quicken folder? Hmmm.. Awesome........ Who thought of this name?? (;->

Could some changed Firewall setting be blocking Quicken's Transaction Updates? Was working up to a week ago. Did NOT notice any update notification in Quicken (??), but might there have been a Norton Security update that closed something needed by Quicken to connect and download transactions? When this started, I got updated transactions from Two accounts and communication problems with Two others. So, if there was a Quicken run block, for connection, wouldn't it be Zero connections? Why would a Firewall block only affect 1/2 of Quicken connections (that I have been using successfully for Years)??

Kudos0

Hello

Norton Firewall would only change it's setting for a product if that product started to show signs of malware. I would change that setting to Allow for quicken or you could delete the Setting in the Firewall for Quicken and then start up the program again and see what setting it gets this time. There is a recent Norton Update that has made some changes to the program. Did you check out the Quicken Forum to see if there are other Norton customers who are complaining now? The new Norton version is 22.8.0.50.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.