• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

recovering identity safe data from a norton 360 backup

My old PC is no longer functional.  But I used norton 360 to back things up.  So, there is no major data lost after I recover the files to a new PC.

But I notice in my new PC that all the passwords and ID from identify safe are no longer there.  I have a three part question.  Does Norton 360 backup contains the data for identity safe (I use all default settings)? If so, how do I recover the data?  If not, how do I dig that out of my old hard drive assuming it is still functional (not optimistic)?

Thanks in advance!

Alex

Replies

Kudos0

Re: recovering identity safe data from a norton 360 backup

My old PC is no longer functional.  But I used norton 360 to back things up.  So, there is no major data lost after I recover the files to a new PC.

But I notice in my new PC that all the passwords and ID from identify safe are no longer there.  I have a three part question.  Does Norton 360 backup contains the data for identity safe (I use all default settings)? If so, how do I recover the data?  If not, how do I dig that out of my old hard drive assuming it is still functional (not optimistic)?

Thanks in advance!

Alex

Kudos0

Re: recovering identity safe data from a norton 360 backup

Hi alexli,

Welcome to the Norton Community

If the Norton 360 is still working on the Old Computer. Please follow the steps mentioned below to export the Identity safe data to the new Computer.

1. Go to Identity Protection>Manage Identity Protection>Backup Identity Safe Data>Configure to save the data onto a USB flash drive.

2. Also you can add a password for extra security.

Once this is completed Go to the new computer.

Go to Identity Protection>Manage Identity Protection> Import. Click on browse and select the data on the USB Drive.

If the Norton is not working on that computer try the steps mentioned below.

1. Be sure your Folder Options are set to "Show hidden files and folders".
2. Navigate to the Identity Safe Data Folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Norton\{random_numbers}\Norton\IdentitySafeDataStore\S-1-5-21-1229272821-484061587-1176238915-1005\
3. Copy just the contents of the S-1-5-21 .... Folder to a new folder to a Convenient Location. (Inside the folder you should see an IDDStore file and an IDDStore_bak file along with a number of favicons - copy all)

To restore the Identity Safe Data:

1. If you have not done so already, create an Identity Safe profile on the new installation.  Do not import any IE logins.
3. Restart your computer in Safe Mode.
5. Navigate to the new Identity Safe Data Folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Norton\{random_numbers}\Norton\IdentitySafeDataStore\S-1-5-21-2052111302-73586283-682013330-500\
6. Delete any content in the S-1-5-21 .... Folder.
7. Paste the previously copied individual contents into the S-1-5-21 .... Folder.
8. Restart your computer in regular mode.

Please let us know if you have anyother issues.

Regards, Dinesh Bhalaji

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.