Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!
REFRESHING the contents of BACKUP SETS
NOTE: I create and keep independently created manual monthly WINDOWS IMAGE backups separately.
My NORTON external backup sets are becoming quite large. I assume because:
- it has backed up every file/directory I specified since the beginning of time
- in contains files I backed up and deleted and will NEVER USE AGAIN
- sometimes I may change a directory name or rename it, OR move it under another directory, and the contents will be backed up twice and in my backup set twice in different places..
- Can I refresh the backup set contents without DELETING THE BACKUP SET PARAMETERS I CREATED (quite time intensive) and setting up the backup parameters all over again? OR...
- Can I somehow delete files/directories inside it. I know how to restore, but how do I delete files/directories it contains?
- Does Norton backup only backup files that have changed since the last backup, or is it doing an complete read and backup of every file I specify in the backup set rules?