• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Safe Share and Safe search hidden if upgrading from 2013 (version 20)

I have set safe share and safe search as hidden.  And these settings got carried over to the 2014 version with no way to undo them.  Unchecking and rechecking safe search does nothing.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Safe Share and Safe search hidden if upgrading from 2013 (version 20)

Hi Dave20,

I have the same issue in a user account where I had Safe Share disabled in NIS 2013.  I have been unable to enable this in NIS 2014 after upgrading.

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

SendOfJive wrote:

Hi Dave20,

I have the same issue in a user account where I had Safe Share disabled in NIS 2013.  I have been unable to enable this in NIS 2014 after upgrading.

I /think/ the only way to fix it is to reinstall WITHOUT saving the settings.  Those who want local ID Safe would have to install the 2012 version first, create the safe, then upgrade to 2014.

Kudos1 Stats

Dave20 wrote:

I have set safe share and safe search as hidden.  And these settings got carried over to the 2014 version with no way to undo them.  Unchecking and rechecking safe search does nothing.

This post by Tony Weiss might be relevant.

"... A known issue with this update is that, if you install Norton Identity Safe Standalone as a new install (that is, not updating a previous version), you will be unable to disable the Safe Search box. This is an issue our team is addressing, and we plan to release a fix for this problem shortly."

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Toolbar-Norton-Identity/Norton-Identity-Safe-Standalone-2014-product-update/td-p/1009127

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

Krusty13 wrote:

Dave20 wrote:

This post by Tony Weiss might be relevant.

"... A known issue with this update is that, if you install Norton Identity Safe Standalone as a new install (that is, not updating a previous version), you will be unable to disable the Safe Search box. This is an issue our team is addressing, and we plan to release a fix for this problem shortly."

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Toolbar-Norton-Identity/Norton-Identity-Safe-Standalone-2014-product-update/td-p/1009127

Well it's the reverse.  I can't ENABLE the search box AFTER hiding it in 2013 (well not that I want it, but undoing would be nice without having to resort to full uninstall / reinstall).

Kudos0

^ Same issue here.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.