• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Searching logins in NIS 2014 local vault closes the program to close

I cannot search my logins without the local vault program automatically closing. I can type only one letter then it is gone! Very annoying. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Windows 7, NIS upgrade from NIS 2013

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Searching logins in NIS 2014 local vault closes the program to close

I cannot search my logins without the local vault program automatically closing. I can type only one letter then it is gone! Very annoying. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Windows 7, NIS upgrade from NIS 2013

Kudos0

The problem is limited to Firefox 23.0.1 not I.E.10 or Chrome. NIS Toolbar Setttings shows that the extension is "deleted or unavailable" but it is visible but shows the behavior mentioned above.

Kudos0

Hi digiti123,

Could you walk us throught he exact steps you're taking for this issue to occur? I'm guessing you had NIS 2012 installed at some point. Did you update directly to 2014, or 2012 -> 2013 -> 2014? Any details you can provide are appreciated. Thanks.

Tony Weiss | Norton Forums Global Community Manager | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Hi Tony,

I opgraded directly from NIS 2013 to 2014. This problem only occurs with the latest Firefox.I.E. 10 and Chrome are fine. If I try to type a search of my logins in the ID safe in the drop down list in Firefox the program closes and disappears immediately. Checking the NIS ID SAFE Settings when the program is fully open in all browsers shows a red mark for Firefox with the "extension deleted or unavailable? comment. How can I fix this? Tnanks.

Windows 7, NIS 2014. Firefox 23.0.1

Kudos0

Thanks digiti123. Have you tried closing/opening Firefox again? Also, which version of Firefox are you running? And are your logins saved to the local vault or the online vault?

I'd like you to check something out for me:

1) after you close-then-reopen Firefox, check the ID Safe settings to see if Firefox is marked as green.

2) try the login search again

3) if it fails, check the ID Safe Settings to see if the "extension deleted or unavailable" message appears again

Please let me know what you find. Thanks.

Tony Weiss | Norton Forums Global Community Manager | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Dear Tony,

Firefox 23.0.1, NIS 2014..My mistake this computer uses the on line ID Vault..ID Vault Settings shows a RED mark next to Firefox with "extension deleted or not available" message. Opening and closing Firefox has no effect.

Kudos0

There is no difference in behavior with Firefox 24.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.