Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!
Startin Scan und LiveUpdate Batched
I am using Norton Security on 3 computers.
I do a Virus Scan every 2 weeks (a full system scan).
This might be a bit much, but I have seen too many friends loosing their data because of malware.
This scan requires multiple mouse clicks to start (I have the German GUI, so my translations may be not correct):
- Double-Click the icon in the system tray
- Click on "Security"
- Click on "LiveUpdate"
- If I remember correctly there is sometimes a click necessary to apply the new patch.
- Click to close the LiveUpdate Window
- Click on "Perform Scan"
- Click on "Full System Scan"
- Click on "Execute"
All together 8 clicks on 3 computers.
I want to create a batch file that
- Updates Norton (LiveUpdate)
- Starts a full system scan
I searched the Norton Support and found the following topic:
Here I have the following questions/comments:
- Norton is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton Security and not in C:\Program Files\Norton Security (reason: I have Windows 10 Pro x64)
Here the help page should be updated.
- In C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton Security I have the folders Engine and Engine64.
I suppose that I should use the folder Engine64 on a x64 system, right?
This should also be added to the help page.
- I want to do a Full System Scan, can this performed with the parameter /A (Scans all drives)?
- I want to run LiveUpdate before the scan.
How do I do this with the command line?
This way I could create one batch file that is started with one double click.
Thank you for your help.