• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Toolbar for 360 and Firefox 27.0.1 Showing But not Working Completely

With the latest Norton 360 update, finally got the toolbar somewhat working but, not completely.  With the vault open, clicking on the "Vault is Open" button does not open the list of passwords or allow use of form filler and most of the time get the bar about choosing the login when going to a page with logins but, the passwords listing of choice for websites where I have multiple logins does not show so cannot enter a different login.

Both these  issues work fine in Internet Explorer but, should work in supported browsers.  Think we need another patch or update for this issue as it is actually intermittant with regard to logins showing on the screen but, never does the button show the logins or forms filler.

Thanks for any help and hope Norton is watching issues like this and fixes them.  To reiterate, the toolbar does NOT work properly in Firefox 27.0.1

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Toolbar for 360 and Firefox 27.0.1 Showing But not Working Completely

Hi, David.When you say you have the latest version of 360, are you referring to version 21.1.1.7, as mentioned in Tony Weiss post here ?

http://community.norton.com/t5/Product-Update-Announcements/Product-Update-21-1-1-of-Norton-Internet-Security-Norton-360/ba-p/1095883

If not, updating to that version which is a full download may fix the problem. Follow Tony's instructions on how to update.

If you do elect to update, you should run Live Update after the new install until no more are found.

Edit---Just saw your other thread. I guess you DO have v 21.1.1.7 ? as I'm wondering if you have any Firefox extensions which may be interfering with the vault operation.

Can you access the options/passwords/logins etc in Firefox Safe Mode ?

Windows 10 Home X 64 Norton Security Premium Current
Kudos0

Looks like something occurrec overnight or a reboot this AM fixed the problem.  The fix was partially working and I did get to passwords but, they were intermittant.  Also found that when I went to edit my logins, they showed but the contents showed as blank which i Know is really strange.  Today I click the "vault is open" tab on the toolbar and the dropdown with the passwords shows and when I go to a site with a password needed to open, the various passwords do appear rather than the choose your password without anythign showing to choose from.

Hopefully I am now set.  Will see as the day goes on.  Really have no idea what did occur as I shut down my laptop in the evening and restarted this AM to see a big difference in the tool bar.

Happy person finally after a full week of Norton isues and just today got a survey regarding my help experience with Norton and am going to give them an earful!!!

Thanks for the thoughts,

Kudos0

Hopefully fully fixed this time - amazing what a rboot (or a few of them) can do.  The reboot seems to especially do more good with the Online Vault -perhpas a synching problme when first reinstalled???

Anyway glad you got it sorted!

Kudos0

Or maybe V 21.1.1.7 's cumulative toolbar fixes ?

Either way as yank says, a reboot never hurt, ever.

Kudos0

Almost there.  Got the tool bar and was able to go back and get my local vault.  One nagging issue that is very strange.  Log into my vault and all is well and then a few hours later, for multiple login sites I get the prompt to choose my login but, the floating list of logins doesn't come up.  Also, when I try to click the "vault is open" button, the drop down list of logins doesn't apper.

If I close Firefiox and then reopen it, these two features do come back but, they can go away again during the day.  No rhyme or reason for the loss of the list of logins or the choice of which login to use and very intermittant but, does occur every day and the only fix I have found is to close and immediately reopen firefox and the problem is solve for a time until the next time.

Would hope a future Norton update fixes this anomoly.

Thanks all for your continued help.

Kudos0

Hi David,

That is strange, can you try the following?

When you log into your Local Vault and come to the all Log-in page, minimize the page.  Next time you wan that page, maximise it from the system tray and then select your log-in (rather than seeking the log-in from the Vault is Open button on the toolbar).  Try this method and see if works as advertised or randomly messes up as it does now.

This is intended as a trouble shooting step only - not a fix, but is how I use my Local Vault and I haven't see your situation - but I do not use FF all the time.

Kudos0

Sorry Yank, no cigar.  I leave the App open in my task bar all the time so I simply maximized it and went to a site needing a login and changed it on the APP and it changed the login on that page.  Then went to another multiple entry page and of course it filled in the default login but, did get the notification of choose my login at the top of the screen but, none of the logins showed up.  Tried clicking the Vault is Open button and nothing occurred as usual.  Closed and reopened Firefox and all is working fine.  See the multiple logins next to the ask for logins at the top and clicking the vault is open opens the search box for the logins so all is working.  Pretty sure they will go away in a few hours while the firefox remains open.

Verrrrry strange but, consistantly happens daily.  Only a problem when I want to go to a different account so not real bothersome but, not how it should continue to show the logons and allow me to click the vault is open button to view different logins.  do use the task bar App when necessary but, annoying and sure it happens to other who are not familiar with what they are missing.

Thanks Yank

Kudos0

Sorry David - I am out of ideas!
Kudos0

Me too.  I can live with it but, would like it fixed.  How do I get this glitch to the attention or Norton so they can look into it???

Kudos0

Hi, David. I'll see if we can get someone from Symantec to check this problem out for you.

Kudos0

Thanks, am chatting with them now, first person saw the issue while it worked in IE, didn't work in Firefox and closing and reopening Firefox restore it working as I told them.  Been waiting for a senior tech of over an hour now.

Thanks again, sure it is a Norton software issue.

Kudos0

Ok. One of the Symantec people may reply to this post, as well.

Kudos2 Stats

Finally got a senior tech after waiting for the transfer to him for an hour and 10 minutes.  He was extremely helpful looking at my setup and checking things out.  Couldn't trouble shoot as the first tech had restarted Firefox as I told her not to do and of course if fixed the problem as I had told her.

He then telephoned me and we talked with him saying it may be a conflict between Roboform, another password program I use when Norton won't remember a pasword and Norton.  I agreed to close Roboform and use the computer all day and see if that solves the issue.  So far so good.  He also told me there would be another version update the 3rd week of March tht could fix the issue.  Sent me an e-mail and I will respond around 6 PM with the results of this experiment and if it again fails, he promised to phone me back and trouble shoot as I will not reboot and leave the proble active.

Other than the long delay in transferring the issue am very happy with Norton's response and hope that we can together fix the issue and/or the update later in March to the version of Norton 360 will solve the compatibility issue as have used both programs the past 5 years without this issue.

Thanks all for the help,

Dave

Kudos0

Hi David,

Glad to hear you are getting somewhere with tech support and please don't keep us in suspense - if something fixes it (especailly a Roboform conflict) let us know so that we and other users will know the answer if it occurs again in the fuiture for someone else!

Kudos0

Well, after about 4 1/2 hours of having the toolbar shut down, the problem recurred.  Found that simply unchecking the toolbar allowed the Roboform to still provide toolbar data so decided to disable the toolbar completely in Add-Ons Manager, close and reopen Firefox and run the test again to be sure it isn't Roboform causing a conflict so in the midst of continuing the test with Roboform now completely disabled.

Will see this evening the results around 7 PM Central or so.  Will hold off on working with the Norton Manager until I give this test sufficient time to fail and if it doesn't fail tonight, will probably suggest another day of testing to be sure before eliminating Roboform as the problem

Really want to get this right for Norton and you wonderful people who help us keep Norton working.  Will continue to update this thread until resolution.

Kudos0

Thanks for the update - anxiously awaiting the thrill of victory - or the agony of defeat! LOL
Kudos0

yank wrote:
Thanks for the update - anxiously awaiting the thrill of victory - or the agony of defeat! LOL

Wouldn't call it defeat as yet but, it isn't a conflict with Roboform; after about 4 hours of the toolbar being completely deactivated and no information coming from the program, once again the same issues surfaced.

What I find extremely strange is that it takes somewhere in the area of 3 to 5 hours after starting the Identity Protection or restarting Firefox the problem surfaces but, until then everything works just fine??????

Kudos0

Further update, the Manager phoned me again last nite and took control of my computer with the Norton not working properly and told me that there was no trouble shooting that he could do as the toolbar has to work for multiple browsers, there will be an new Norton verson issued later this month, and that I was not alone with my issues.  He did ask when the last time I loaded a clean version of Firefox and decided to perform a complete reset of Firefox and hoped that might solve the issue.

He also asked me to only use Firefox for 24 hours and report back what occurred and then use only IE for 24 hours and report on that.  He didn't think this would fix the problem but, give Norton data points and that hopefully the update in work would fix the problem.

Started this morning with the new clean Firefox and within 4 hours the failure occurred on schedule.  Have restarted Firefox and the problem is gone.  Will see the rest of the day and tomorrow with IE and report back here and to the Manager.  So far it appears an update to Norton will be the only possible fix.

Thanks,

Kudos0

Thanks for the update David. I certainly hope the upcoming update resolves this.
Kudos0

yank wrote:
Thanks for the update David. I certainly hope the upcoming update resolves this.

Me too yank, me too.  The test went like I thought it would.  continued to fail after in the neighborhood of 4 hours on firefox and worked continuously on IE.  Did not one interesting addition; wheh Firefox failed, all of the tool bar buttons stopped working, the This Page is Secure and Share buttons along with the vault is open button for the login list and always, a close and restart of firefox started all working well for the next 4 hours or so.

Simply need to restart firfox several times a day and am a happy camper.  Also, now know why I love Firefox and hate IE!!!!

Kudos0

Hi, David. Sorry to hear your problem is ongoing.

Like you I'm not mad about IE, but having had Firefox AND Chrome crash on me frequently, I uninstalled both and I'm using IE 10.

Granted it's not as speedy as the others, but it works, so does the Toolbar, and it hasn't crashed on me !

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.