• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Toolbar disabled on Firefox 39 with NIS v20.6.0.27

Hi The IDS toolbar is disabled after updating to Firefox 39 Is a update going to be released for as for the info posted on Monday june 30 2015 it was to be fixed per this post From Mohan_G Please note: Beginning with the Firefox 36 release and onward, the Norton Internet Security 19.x & Norton 360 6.x products will no longer receive Firefox compatibility patches. The latest versions Norton Internet Security & Norton 360 (20.6 & 21.7) and Norton Security & Norton Security with Backup (22.5) will receive the updates. https://community.norton.com/en/blogs/product-update-announcements/firef...

Replies

Kudos1 Stats

Re: Toolbar disabled on Firefox 39 with NIS v20.6.0.27

you may have to go to addons and just enable it,I upgraded tp FF39 and my toolbar is there. You may also need to check up for more norton updates

Kudos0

Hi blue50moon In Firefox 39 add-ons the norton toolbar is disabeled and before I updated firefox I got a pop up warning the the norton toolbar would be disabled as incompatible. This is on a Windows 7 computer with NIS v 20.6.0.27 with all updates installed . So we may have to wait for norton to update this versinon of NIS
Kudos1 Stats

they just did a norton toolbar update about a day or so ago for FF 39,someone will come by that may direct you to a link in the forums that has more info didnt know you had Win 7, I got Win 8.1

Kudos1 Stats

Hello Alf

Please keep running Live Update until the Norton Toolbar Add-on comes through. You may have to reboot and run it again. What is your current toolbar version? Has it been the same as for version 21.7 in the past?

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Hi floplot The toolbar version on this computer is 2013.4.15.9 windows 7 NIS 20.6.0.27 If Norton decides not to updatethe extension in firefox 39 its no a big problem for me as I can always use IE 11 as Norton seems to have a lot of bugy updates in the last month
Accepted Solution
Kudos0

HI Norton Has released a toolbar version # 2013.4.15.15 update for NIS v20.6.0.27 To get run live update and apply.
Kudos0

I still have my toolbar disabled even though I've run multiple times live update for m Norton Security With backup release 22.2.0.31 (Spanish of Spain version ). No 22.5 version available according to norton.com. for my version. Then I still have toolbar 2015.2.1.13 disabled, no chance to enable it as there is a warning saying is incompatible.

So what can I do is there a patch for European versions, or still we have to wait?

Best regrds

Kudos0

Hello Oscar

I have been told that the latest FF 39 toolbar has been released in all languages for NS/NSBU/NAV/NIS/N360 even though the foreign languages for NS & NSBU haven't been released yet. Please try running live update several times and then restart and do this cycle several times.

If you are running Win 8, please disable Fast Startup and restart.

If this continues to happen, then you may have to run the remove and reinstall tool Back up your Identity Safe if used before hand.

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v60392881_EndUserProfile_en_us

www.norton.com/nrnr

You may have to change the language on the link I gave you so that you get the tool in Spanish.

Please come back and let us know how you made out. Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Oscar San Jose Fernanadez:

So what can I do is there a patch for European versions, or still we have to wait?

xxxxx_xxxxx: at 15:47:00
I want to inform you that products in 22.5 are already released in Spanish version.
xxxxx_xxxxx: at 15:49:06
I want to inform you that for Firefox 39, patches will be released soon.
xxxxx_xxxxx: at 15:57:12
I would like to inform you that 22.5 Spanish version is on the server and available by Live Update

Kudos0

I though that running live-update this could be solved, but I had to download software from Norton website in order to upgrade to 22.5 version, this is somewhat inconvenient because I'll have to do it in the rest of the devices, one by one, and then run live-update for applying patches. Anyway the issue of this thread it's solved

Regards

Oscar

Kudos0

Hello Oscar

There is a new version now. It is 22.5.2.15. It just came out on Monday night. Right now it is only available in English. If the telemetry is good, then the foreign languages will be released. Thanks.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.