• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Unable to uninstall the Nortan 360 Backup file on windows

Hello, I uninstalled Norton Security awhile ago from my desktop because the backup file was taking up almost 70gb on my disk, it automatically saved to my C: drive.
Once I uninstalled, I continued to get messages that my disk is completely out of space, I went through windows explorer, found the N360_Backup file that is 73gigs...when i tried to delete it I got an error message saying "Cannot delete backup.@db:  Access is denied.  Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not in use"  I already tried to unprotect it by unchecking the "read Only" box in the folder properties, however it won't allow me to change it...what can I do to get rid of this space eating folder?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Unable to uninstall the Nortan 360 Backup file on windows

Right click the N360_Backup folder and select "properties", click the tab on top "security", then click the "edit" button.

Click once to highlight your user name or administrator. Put a check in the box "full control" and click apply.  If it asks you if you also want to change all files and subfolders answer yes.

Apply or exit your way out of those boxes and then try deleting the folder.

Dave

Kudos0

Re: Unable to uninstall the Nortan 360 Backup file on windows

Hello

When you uninstalled the program, did you use the Norton Removal Tool? Also, please try the above with a Administrator account.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.