• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Uninstall/Remove Secure VPN from new Norton 360 Deluxe

Hi All,

In order to try and resolve another issue I was having with my Norton Security Premium installation I elected to take up the 'Free' upgrade offer to Norton 360 Deluxe which includes a cut down version of Norton Secure VPN. (Cut down in the sense that it does not include any configuration options and any ability to auto connect)

This product (Norton Secure VPN) was installed along with Norton 360 Deluxe.  The VPN starts automatically with Windows with a Service and and Executable program running in the background.  It does not auto connect.

Can I ask if anyone knows if it is possible to remove or uninstall just the Secure VPN component of Norton 360 Deluxe?

There is no separate uninstall entry in the Windows 'Programs and Features' list, and if you run the Norton 360 uninstaller it asks if you want to remove your Norton protection, presumably it is about to uninstall the entire product.

Cheers.

Replies

Accepted Solution
Kudos1 Stats

Re: Uninstall/Remove Secure VPN from new Norton 360 Deluxe

Hello JustRight. Unfortunately there isn't a way to just remove the VPN from the Norton product suite as it is integral. As you stated you CAN disable the services associated with it in the services area of Windows. The Norton removal tool and Windows itself will indeed remove the entire Norton installation. If it were the stand alone version that is possible from the Control Panel, under Programs and Features.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows Server 2016 Essentials / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.418 / N360 Deluxe 22.19.8.65 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.11 / Opera GX
Kudos0

Thanks mate, that's pretty much what I suspected.

I'll take steps to just prevent it from running.

Cheers.

Kudos0

You're most welcome. Please mark the thread as solved if you'd be so kind. Others can then see the solution in the event they have a similar issue. Please remember, someone is always here to help and the lights are always on.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows Server 2016 Essentials / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.418 / N360 Deluxe 22.19.8.65 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.11 / Opera GX

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.