• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

updated to ff17 now automatic login doesnt work

i just upgraded to ff17 now when i go to a site itdoesnt login automatic any more. the login asistant  black box in toolbar just spins and shows me the login card to fill it in myself.....windows 7 64bit  ....chome is fine works ok.... just firefox 17

Replies

Kudos0

Re: updated to ff17 now automatic login doesnt work

i updated to version 202019 this morning....sorry

Kudos0

Re: updated to ff17 now automatic login doesnt work

I have the same problem . . .

Kudos1 Stats

Re: updated to ff17 now automatic login doesnt work

Kudos0

Re: updated to ff17 now automatic login doesnt work

i figured someone was working on the problem...lol.... great job

Kudos0

Re: updated to ff17 now automatic login doesnt work

I posted that I had the same problem and I do but I am running Vista Home Premium 64- bit.

I have Norton 360 Version 6.4.0.9

Thanks for working on this. 

Kudos0

Re: updated to ff17 now automatic login doesnt work


CarolinaGirl wrote:

I posted that I had the same problem and I do but I am running Vista Home Premium 64- bit.

I have Norton 360 Version 6.4.0.9

Thanks for working on this. 


Hi CarolinaGirl,

Normally an Identity Safe log-in problem is not attributable to a specific operating system, but to a specific browser - in your case although  different OS - you're still using FF!  Thanks for the feedback.

Kudos0

Re: updated to ff17 now automatic login doesnt work

I dont understand Tony's directions

Kudos0

Re: updated to ff17 now automatic login doesnt work

You're welcome, Yank.

Yes, I updated to FX 17 today and the problem arose after the update. I only put my OS because when I clicked on the "Me Too" I didn't see that the person posting had Win7 and I didn't want there to be any confusion.

Thanks again for working on this.

Kudos0

Re: updated to ff17 now automatic login doesnt work

I also have windows 7 with this issue. Just stating that for the record. It's good to know Symantec are on it and a solution is just around the corner.

Kudos0

Re: updated to ff17 now automatic login doesnt work


Cybed wrote:

I dont understand Tony's directions


The instructions only make sense if you happen to be using one of the 2013 Norton security products or the stand alone (free) NTB Lite product.  And those versions have the potential of adding a whole new set of "issues" to your computing experience...

Kind Regards,

John

Kudos0

Re: updated to ff17 now automatic login doesnt work


avjohnnie wrote:

Cybed wrote:

I dont understand Tony's directions


The instructions only make sense if you happen to be using one of the 2013 Norton security products or the stand alone (free) NTB Lite product.  And those versions have the potential of adding a whole new set of "issues" to your computing experience...

Kind Regards,

John


@ All,

Has anyone observed this lack of automatic fillling of log-ins by FF 17 on a online vault in a 2012 product?   I tried it on my laptop that I had reverted NIS 20.2.0.19 back to NIS 2012 (v 19.9.0.9) and I can not log into my online vault becasue it was set up in NIS  20.2.0.19 so I can not test in an online vault with NIS 2012.

If it is not a problem in the 2012 products - could this be another reason to revert?

Kudos2 Stats

Re: updated to ff17 now automatic login doesnt work

The issue occurs in NIS 2012 with a local vault, too, so reverting will do you no good.

Kudos0

Re: updated to ff17 now automatic login doesnt work

Well, post say is a "temporary fix", hope the real fix comes soon because manually copy-paste info acc is not very pleasant.

Thanks for looking tinto it though.

Kudos0

Re: updated to ff17 now automatic login doesnt work

I got an update this morning that required a restart and now my automatic login is working!! 

Thanks so much for fixing this!!

Kudos0

Re: updated to ff17 now automatic login doesnt work


CarolinaGirl wrote:

I got an update this morning that required a restart and now my automatic login is working!! 

Thanks so much for fixing this!!


I got the update too, but didn't work for me

Kudos0

Re: updated to ff17 now automatic login doesnt work


BigSailorman wrote:

CarolinaGirl wrote:

I got an update this morning that required a restart and now my automatic login is working!! 

Thanks so much for fixing this!!


I got the update too, but didn't work for me


Me neither. I got the update and it still has the temp fix for auto login.

Kudos0

Re: updated to ff17 now automatic login doesnt work

Got an update this morning as well.  Updated my Identity safe to version 2013.2.2.3 and now autofill is working again.  Using Win 8 x64 Firefox 17.

I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong!I may not always tell the truth, but I never lie!
Kudos0

Re: updated to ff17 now automatic login doesnt work


JPV555 wrote:
Me neither. I got the update and it still has the temp fix for auto login.

Hi JPV555,

The patch finally showed up on my Norton server (Mississippi) and I downloaded the pacth.  I ran the Patch, hit explore and could not open NSS.  I restarted, open FF 17, verified NTB version 2013.2.2.3 was present and enabled.  Opened the vault and all my logins autofill (though some seem slower than others).

Check your Live Update History and see if you have received the Norton Toolbar Add-on for Firefox this morning.  If not, you'll need to run Liveupdate periodically to see if it appears - not all servers have it available at the same time.

Kudos0

Re: updated to ff17 now automatic login doesnt work


yank wrote:

JPV555 wrote:
Me neither. I got the update and it still has the temp fix for auto login.

Hi JPV555,

The patch finally showed up on my Norton server (Mississippi) and I downloaded the pacth.  I ran the Patch, hit explore and could not open NSS.  I restarted, open FF 17, verified NTB version 2013.2.2.3 was present and enabled.  Opened the vault and all my logins autofill (though some seem slower than others).

Check your Live Update History and see if you have received the Norton Toolbar Add-on for Firefox this morning.  If not, you'll need to run Liveupdate periodically to see if it appears - not all servers have it available at the same time.


Hmm, well it showed the NTB downloaded this morning but when I updated to FF17, the autofill was not working, just the temp fix where you can copy and paste the info.

Edit: Yeah, still on NTB 2013.2.2.2. Guess I'll check later today and see if that patch shows up.

Kudos0

Re: updated to ff17 now automatic login doesnt work


JPV555 wrote:

yank wrote:

JPV555 wrote:
Me neither. I got the update and it still has the temp fix for auto login.

Hi JPV555,

The patch finally showed up on my Norton server (Mississippi) and I downloaded the pacth.  I ran the Patch, hit explore and could not open NSS.  I restarted, open FF 17, verified NTB version 2013.2.2.3 was present and enabled.  Opened the vault and all my logins autofill (though some seem slower than others).

Check your Live Update History and see if you have received the Norton Toolbar Add-on for Firefox this morning.  If not, you'll need to run Liveupdate periodically to see if it appears - not all servers have it available at the same time.


Hmm, well it showed the NTB downloaded this morning but when I updated to FF17, the autofill was not working, just the temp fix where you can copy and paste the info.

Edit: Yeah, still on NTB 2013.2.2.2. Guess I'll check later today and see if that patch shows up.



JPV555 wrote:

yank wrote:

JPV555 wrote:
Me neither. I got the update and it still has the temp fix for auto login.

Hi JPV555,

The patch finally showed up on my Norton server (Mississippi) and I downloaded the pacth.  I ran the Patch, hit explore and could not open NSS.  I restarted, open FF 17, verified NTB version 2013.2.2.3 was present and enabled.  Opened the vault and all my logins autofill (though some seem slower than others).

Check your Live Update History and see if you have received the Norton Toolbar Add-on for Firefox this morning.  If not, you'll need to run Liveupdate periodically to see if it appears - not all servers have it available at the same time.


Hmm, well it showed the NTB downloaded this morning but when I updated to FF17, the autofill was not working, just the temp fix where you can copy and paste the info.

Edit: Yeah, still on NTB 2013.2.2.2. Guess I'll check later today and see if that patch shows up.


You should have got an option to Apply the Patch - did you and did you select Apply?

Have you rebooted? 

Kudos0

Re: updated to ff17 now automatic login doesnt work

No, it was just there when I checked to see what was updated (did it when I had booted up my computer). Oddly enough, on my other (running Windows 7), I did have to apply it... I'm going to go ahead and reboot and see what happens.

Kudos0

Re: updated to ff17 now automatic login doesnt work

just got the patch for firefox 17 toolbar automatic login and it works great .....sweeeet !! thank you

Kudos0

Re: updated to ff17 now automatic login doesnt work

Ok, rebooted and it now works. :)

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.