• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

V22.7.0.75 pulled from server

Update:

The 22.7 product update has been pulled back from the Live Update server and will not be available for download.

Windows 10 Home X 64

Replies

Kudos0

Re: V22.7.0.75 pulled from server

ITMA.
​I've seen the Mohan_G post, regarding the V22.7.0.75 debacle.
It's all well and good, withdrawing a 'duff product'. There're sufficient posts from concerned customers to warrant a 'best way forward', until the product reappears.
The NORTON CUSTOMER BASE deserves what they are paying for: after all, it's a NORTON FAULT. Let's have a bit more NORTON CONCERN.
I,ve emailed Mohan_G & Tony_Weiss expressing my opinion. Awaiting a reply.

32/Bit.
1 x W7 Starter INHIBITED DOWNLOAD.
2 x Vista Home Premium
INHIBITED DOWNLOAD, on 1 ¦ NURSING THE DUFF DOWNLOAD, ON THE OTHER.
Be safe out there !
"It's That Man Again."
The Silver Surfer. AK.  [ OLD; BUT, NOT AGED. ]

Kudos0

Should I uninstall the 22.7 version if I installed it?

I have Windows 10 Enterprise x64

Kudos0

Should I uninstall the 22.7 version if I installed it?

I have Windows 10 Enterprise x64

I think I'm just going to stick with 22.7 for now, as it seems to be working.  Norton has been pretty quiet on what the solution will be. 

I've got a feeling in a next few days they'll just tell everyone with v22.7 to run the remove/reinstall tool

Kudos1 Stats

I have 3 Windows 10 systems and 22.7.0.75 is working good on all of them.

I think Windows 7 has the problems.

Jim

Kudos0

I also have NS 22.0.7.75 and is working fine on Win 10

Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit.
Kudos0

I removed it. I'm sure everyone will be eventually upgraded to whatever they replace it with, but without knowing if that build will be better, I dumped it and am waiting to see. That said, I didn't notice any real problems with it, but I don't know the reason for it being pulled and didn't want to risk issues.

Kudos1 Stats

Windows 10 Home X 64
Kudos2 Stats

Kudos0

This is a Reply to All,

My colleagues and I do NOT have NS 22.7.0.75 working WITHOUT PROBLEMS on Windows 10. Our Win 10 is 32-bit. We have ALL the Privacy Settings -- over 175 -- locked out. We enable those needed to participate in certain MS Updates (info exchange) as needed. We also have our Desktop set back to Windows Classic settings, even with Touchscreen PCs. We want to access things more easily and get tired of cleaning the screens to remove the greasy fingerprints.

A Friendly FYI. The LCD Touch Screens on PCs are NOT the same as those on Smartphones that use Corning's Gorilla Glass or some other similar material. You CAN EASILY DAMAGE a PC's Touch Screen. In addition, you must use a Special Cleaner Solution and Cloths available at many retailers and online to clean both LCD and LED Screens. This is true regardless if it is a TV or PC.

What we are experiencing is the same on 32-bit Vista Ultimate, Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro. When the System is first loading the Desktop, the NS Icon in System Tray is Normal with Green Check Mark. If you Right-Click on the icon, the Pop-Up Menu is MISSING the "Disable Auto Protect" Choice. If you load the Main User Interface, Click on Settings (Top Menu Bar on Right Side), then go to the Antivirus Settings GUI, both Auto Protect and the sub-choice of "Removable Media Scan" are "ON".

Within approx. 15 seconds, the Antivirus Settings WILL CHANGE WITHOUT Any User Intervention. Both Auto Protect and the sub-choice of "Removable Media Scan" will still be "ON", but they are Grayed Out and cannot be accessed. The NS Icon in System Tray will also change to a Black Check Mark with the little RED X in the lower Right Corner of the NS Icon.

The Main User Interface will now Display a Warning with the Red Computer Screen with a Red X in the middle. The Red Text states "You Are At Risk". The Security Icon on the Lower Left will also have a smaller version of the Red X Computer Screen with Red Text "At Risk" below it. When the User attempts to Fix the Problem by clicking the "Fix Now" Control Button, it will Fail.

I know that most -- if not all -- of what I have described has already been reported and observed. I state it here for the record, so we are on the proverbial "same page".

Most of us have left NS 22.7.0.75 in place for now, since they say a fix is coming. As long as Auto Protect is ON but not accessible, we have to PRESUME it is working. Some of us have removed it and re-installed 22.6.0.142 to be sure.

We have found limitations in the Firewall Rules that actually started with 22.6 Version and carried over with 22.7 Versions. We did not have time to comment during the Beta Testing period, due to work constraints. I will be posting them in the next few days, along with certain GUI anomalies discovered for 22.7. I will also REMIND THE PROGRAMMERS that they NEVER DID FIX the Problem Existing with the Security Details GUI that allows it to be resized. In the 22.7 Beta and Final Versions, it CANNOT Be Resized. Maximizing and Minimizing is NOT A SOLUTION, especially with a 32-inch HD Monitor. It always worked right up until the Release of 22.6.0.142 so Symantec can fix what they broke.

Kudos0

Hello

Are you using a Windows Admin Account to see your settings or to make any changes to the Settings?

Here is Sunil's post about the pulling of 22.7

Sunil_GA Admin

Administrator30

Re: action center saying Norton is not running after the 22.7.0.75 update

Posted: 17-Jun-2016 | 8:24PM • Permalink new

Update:

Customers who have already received the Norton 22.7 update do NOT need to uninstall and reinstall the previous version. Symantec is working on a fix to be released shortly to address the issue where "Windows Action Center incorrectly reports the Norton Security status." This issue does not impact the security of the pc as long as the Norton product reports its features are enabled.

You can get rid of the red x on the Action Center flag by disable/enable Auto-Protect and Firewall on the 22.7 computers. This will have to be done on every reboot and start up of the computers. This is affecting Windows 7 computers however. Turning off the PEP setting in the Firewall part may help you also. Please remember to do these things with a Admin Account also remember to run Live Update and to turn off Fast Startup on Win 10 and Win 8.1 computers.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Ver 22.7.0.76 has been released through LU. Requires a restart.

Update on 20-June-2016:

The 22.7 product update has been posted back to the Live Update server and is available for download

Product Version: 22.7.0.76

Fixes:

Fixed an issue where Windows Action Centre reports incorrect status of the Norton product. 

Jim

Kudos0

ITMA. Vista 32.
NIS v 22.7.0.76 received.
Security Center reporting correctly.

Routine tested v22.7.0.76 in the usual manner, OK
Be safe out there !
"It's That Man Again."
The Silver Surfer. AK. ( OLD; BUT, NOT AGED. )

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.