• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Version 22.5.0.124 Changes I Hate!

• Network Security Map is gone again.
  • Can't find "untrusted files" from intrusion prevention anymore.
  • Can't find "remote management" setting from general anymore.
  • "Jumping up and down" while navigating user interface (between headings and their settings).

What are the chances my older 21.7.0.11 setup package still works? (Win 8.1)

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Version 22.5.0.124 Changes I Hate!

Hi 1emanresu,

RE: Remote Management.  Even though I prefer Off as I'm not 'managing' most of the time.  Darn thing turns On when I sign in at Norton account.  I guess that's as per design.  Then why is there an Off. 

Kudos0

Right, same results for me too.

Kudos1 Stats

Under Settings on main page > Administrative Settings page > Remote Management - Off - Apply

Kudos1 Stats

hi 1emanresu

Click on Settings in the main UI then click Administrative Settlings where you will see where it can be set to off.

Michael

Kudos0

thank you michaelsalis

Kudos0

Damn, I'm sorry to ask about something that was so obvious.  I just got upset about the new version and couldn't concentrate. Thanks anyway.

Kudos0

No worries. 

Look under Help > Product Manual (above About).  Too bad no pictures in manual ...

Kudos0

ok, I will try that when necessary. However, Thanks to y'all, I think the best help is normally found here.

Kudos0

Also, under settings > quick controls, using a blue "x" to indicate a feature's status is wrong because it gives me the opposite indication of the actual setting.  In other words, a green ☑ would be more consistent with current product interface.

Accepted Solution
Kudos1 Stats

1emanresu:

Also, under settings > quick controls, using a blue "x" to indicate a feature's status is wrong because it gives me the opposite indication of the actual setting.  In other words, a green ☑ would be more consistent with current product interface.

Yeah, but that would be logical.

Windows 10 Home X 64 Norton Security Premium Current
Kudos0

All issues regarding this post are solved. Thank you all.

Kudos0

emanresu------------ username backwards. 

Windows 10 Home X 64 Norton Security Premium Current
Kudos0

F4E

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.2.47 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.