• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

version 22.6.0.142 Please post any issues here.

Hello

Instead of needing 2 updates as mentioned in the Blog Announcement, I 5 Live Updates plus I still had to restart after the last Update. I do see the addition of the PEP toggle switch in the Firewall settings. I think that is the only change in this new version that has changed for me so far.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: version 22.6.0.142 Please post any issues here.

Why am I unable to disable auto-protect and also continuously getting these settings cannot be changed due to pending remediation action in AV settings even after restarting the computer multiple times in the version 22.6.0.142 update?

Kudos0

Update failed (Error: (8920,204) "Norton LiveUpdate was unable to install an update" when I run LiveUpdate in my Norton product)

NS Engine not completed
Not possible to update the Norton from 22.5.5.15 to 22.6.0.142

Kind regards,

Martijn

Kudos0

After update to 22.6.0.142 and  reboot, NSwBU warned that I had one day left on my license.

I hit the Activate button and it activated and shows the correct days.

Looks OK so far.

Jim

Kudos0

I received the update today on the computer I'm typing this on. I can no longer right click on the icon in the bottom right system tray. It works fine however, by double-clicking the icon on my desktop. Is this by design?

Kudos0

I've just upgraded to 22.6, and it appears that the automatic time-sync with "time.windows.com" is being blocked.  I can't figure out how to add a firewall exception for this because all of the procedures I've found on the Internet appear to be for earlier versions, and they refer to links/objects that I'm not seeing.

How do I add exceptions or "whitelist" external sites?

Kudos1 Stats

Hello bherber

I have been using time.nist.gov for ages with no issues with NSBU 22.6.0.142. I haven't tried time.windows.com. Perhaps you would be willing to try time.nist.gov.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Why is there a Remediation task in Task Scheduler with a description of Symantec Antimalware Protection Migration helper. Migrates user settings and license information during the Norton product and the Windows OS upgrades. after update to NSBU 22.6.0.142?  It triggers at login of any user and repeats every 1.00:00:00 indefinitely.  The action is C:\Program Files\Common Files\AV\Norton Security with Backup\Upgrade.exe /upgrade /user_login,

Kudos0

That worked great!!  Thank you!  The setting of "time.windows.com" was the default setting, and I didn't know about the other one... 

I appreciate the solution!

Kudos0

KeithWeisshar:

Why am I unable to disable auto-protect and also continuously getting these settings cannot be changed due to pending remediation action in AV settings even after restarting the computer multiple times in the version 22.6.0.142 update?

Keith - which operating system are you using?  If win 8 or WIN 10, have you disabled Fast Startup and tried to restart?

https://community.norton.com/en/forums/windows-881-or-10-and-fast-start-feature-0

Kudos0

KeithWeisshar:

Why is there a Remediation task in Task Scheduler with a description of Symantec Antimalware Protection Migration helper. Migrates user settings and license information during the Norton product and the Windows OS upgrades. after update to NSBU 22.6.0.142?  It triggers at login of any user and repeats every 1.00:00:00 indefinitely.  The action is C:\Program Files\Common Files\AV\Norton Security with Backup\Upgrade.exe /upgrade /user_login,

It may have something to do with your other post above in regards to Auto-Protect, but my remediation is still set to every 30 minutes after triggered.  Perhaps it might change after the remediation takes place. 

Kudos0

Hello

My remediation has changed to once a day also after user log on. I haven't made any changes to that task like others have mentioned in the thread about the Remediation Folder.

Thanks.

Kudos0

Hello bherber

Glad I could help you.

Thanks.

Kudos0

yank,   my win764bit upgraded tues to ns22.6 and my remediation task is still set to run every 30 min and wake up computer to run task was still checked. i unchecked wake up task and clicked ok like i've been doing every day for sometime now. after shutting down computer last night(which i do every night), boot up and i run ns live update, run mbam on-demand update, then control panel-scdh task, etc., etc.   remed task still set to run every 30 min   but the wake computer to run task remained unticked after reboot. guess they figured us old guys still need aggravation in our lives. thanks

Kudos0

Topopurim47 - I am awaiting clarification from Norton on this topic - I did bump it up!

Kudos0

Running Win 7 x 64. I have an issue with IE 11 crashing after logging on to a Department of Defense website: Tricare4U (Tricare 4 Life).

Tricare for life Home Page > Use DS Logon Instead > DS Logon Screen (Log in) > Brings you back to Home Page (Logged In) > Claim Activity ~ that's where IE crashes.

This just started with the new version update. I can log on using Chrome or FF without problems.

I uninstalled NS and no problem logging onto website with IE 11. Installed NS problem is back.

https://www.tricare4u.com/wps/portal/tdb/tricare4u/home/!ut/p/z1/04_Sj9CPykssy0xPLMnMz0vMAfIjo8ziAzw8zDwMLQx8LAJdDQwczSwMvQINnY0tDMz0wwkpiAJKG-AAjgZA_VFgJUbuBp4eBgaG3gbuIAkjZ1ezkEBfYxcLI6gCPGYU5EYYZDoqKgIAPiEonQ!!/dz/d5/L2dBISEvZ0FBIS9nQSEh/

"Top Safe Web Reviewer with over 23,000 Reviews."
Kudos0

I'm finding lots of problems with VA websites and their emails where the links don't work in the message I receive but do if I click on See in a browser. This does not happen with other sites.

And lots of script failures and functions like Click the button which don't work in IE.

So far Firefox does not fail and since I don't use Identity Safe or the Norton Toolbar I don't suffer any downside.

That's on Windows 7 32 bit and IE11

Hugh
Kudos0

huwyngr:

I don't use Identity Safe or the Norton Toolbar I don't suffer any downside.

Thanks Hugh, I seen that you don't use the toolbar so I disabled the toolbar and now I am able to logon to Tricare 4 Life website account. Enable the toolbar IE 11 crashes again. Looks like the problem is in the toolbar. I don't use ID Safe but I use the toolbar to do Norton Reviews.

Kudos3 Stats

Rather than turn things on and off in IE perhaps consider using Firefox specifically for TRICARE (and any other problem sites).

There is a desktop shortcut syntax to force the use of a non default browser for a given URL.

For example, for those who don't know about this it is the location of the desired browser on your hard drive put in quotes then a space followed by the URL to go to:

"E:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" \www.cnn.com

Hugh
Kudos0

I rebooted after the Liveupdate installed the new version. When my system (W'10 latest updates) became available, there were a number of disconcerting problems. The most obvious was the lack of an NS icon in the tray. I could not start Chrome to access the ID Safe. I could start IE, but there was no NS available. I tried to start NS from the desktop icon, but no go. Along the way, I use Task Manager and Process Explorer and both showed that NS was active. I just couldn't get to it. Some other normally running apps reported that they couldn't start. After thinking a while, I rebooted a second time. The system sat and ground for quite some time and I finally used the power button to shut it down. When I restarted, everything was back to normal and I had the .142 version. I'm writing this in case this happens to others and they don't think to restart. 

Kudos0

After I upgrade to 22.6, Auto-Protect cannot be disabled.Please repair it ASAP.
Relentlessly protect the world's information. Make a difference at Symantec.
Kudos1 Stats

Hi PTD,

FWIW:

I am using Win 7 (64 bit), NSBU v 22.6.0.142 and IE 11 version 11.0.9600.18264 with the NTB version 2015.6.079 enabled and both Local and Cloud Vaults of ID Safe and I have no problem logging into Tricare4U.   I am using the "normal" log-in, not the DNS log-in.

Kudos0

shenda9696:

Hi shenda9696,

I am running 22.6 on NSBU and I can disable Auto-Protect (which also disabled SONAR along with it), it throws the Red X and a Fix Now and the Fix Now re-enables Auto-protect and Sonar.   I am on Win 7 64 bit.

Kudos0

Fix Now re-enables Auto-protect and Sonar.

adding > and Download Intelligence. 

Kudos0

yank:
shenda9696:

Hi shenda9696,

I am running 22.6 on NSBU and I can disable Auto-Protect (which also disabled SONAR along with it), it throws the Red X and a Fix Now and the Fix Now re-enables Auto-protect and Sonar.   I am on Win 7 64 bit.

Hi yank,

I'm on Win8.1 x64.

Someone from Chinese forum have the same problem:http://bbs.kafan.cn/thread-2031304-1-1.html

Thanks,

shenda9696

Kudos0

yank:

Topopurim47 - I am awaiting clarification from Norton on this topic - I did bump it up!

I have not heard back from Norton yet - but the following is what I reported to them this AM:

"After shutting down last night and a fresh boot this AM I checked my Remediation Task and it has now changed to the 1 day schedule in lieu of the 30 minute.  It appears that at least in my case, it needed a re-BOOT in lieu of a re-START for the remediation task timing to change."

Can you recheck your task and see if it has changed from 30 minutes after a re-boot?

Kudos0

bjm_:

Fix Now re-enables Auto-protect and Sonar.

adding > and Download Intelligence. 

Thanks for keeping me honest bjm_

Although true, my Fix Complete does not show  Download Intelligence.

For further clarification, when Auto-Protect is disabled, "lock icons" are placed on Sonar and Download Intelligence in Advanced:

The "lock icons" actually signify the following when you hover over them:

Kudos0

yank:

Hi PTD,

FWIW:

I am using Win 7 (64 bit), NSBU v 22.6.0.142 and IE 11 version 11.0.9600.18264 with the NTB version 2015.6.079 enabled and both Local and Cloud Vaults of ID Safe and I have no problem logging into Tricare4U.   I am using the "normal" log-in, not the DNS log-in.

Thanks yank for the info. I tried that "normal" log-in and was denied on the log-in. I called Tricare and they explained to me, once your have a DNS account that bypasses all "normal" log-ins. I'm on Tricare4U (Tricare 4  Life) and my Wife is on Tricare Standard (until this August, then she goes on Tricare4U.) Bummer, you can't mix DNS and the "normal" log-in. What can I say, "It's the way our government works"  LOL

Btw: No problem logging into Tricare Standard website with IE and Toolbar enabled. Just Tricare4U has the problem. I'll use FF until they get it fixed.

Kudos0

tsesee

The most obvious was the lack of an NS icon in the tray.

I experienced that on Windows 7 and it bothered me but after about a couple of minutes -- it seemed longer -- it suddenly appeared in the Notification Area control list and then in the system tray/notification area.

Perhaps it needs a few Refreshes by Restarting the computer?

Hugh
Kudos0

yank,   i turned my computer off tues and wed nights. this thrus am after boot up still set at 30 mins.  i just read your post. did a restart-still 30     did shut down-boot up-still 30    at least the wake computer box is remaining unticked. my upgrade to 22.6 was one 70+mb instead of 2 updates. just wondering. hopefully mine will change too.  thanks

Kudos0

Hello shenda

Are you using an Administrator account for the auto-protect issue?

Thanks.

Kudos0

Hello Topopurim

Have you tried the Remove and Reinstall Tool? I would suggest that and then run live update until it updates you to the new version.  The Tool has not been updated yet to the new version. Please read the warning paragraph also.

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v60392881_EndUserProfile_en_us

www.norton.com/nrnr

Thanks.

Kudos0

Win7 32bit/Chrome

Tray icon was dead, after a reboot is ok.

Cookie scan is ignoring the settings...

Boot scan takes a looooong time.

Memory usage went down from 60m to 25meg...:-)

No more "writing to a non writable area" error at random on shutdown...for now...

-m

Kudos0

floplot:

Hello shenda

Are you using an Administrator account for the auto-protect issue?

Thanks.

Hi Flo,

Yes, I am using Administrator account login my PC.

Thanks,

shenda9696 

Kudos0

Hi Keith.. Have you tried going into settings after opening Norton, and turn off Norton Tamper Protection, then you should be able to disable auto protect
Kudos0

Hi Keith.. Have you tried going into settings at the top after opening Norton, and turn off Norton Tamper Protection, then you should be able to disable auto protect
Kudos0

ProTruckDriver:
Thanks Hugh, I seen that you don't use the toolbar so I disabled the toolbar and now I am able to logon to Tricare 4 Life website account. Enable the toolbar IE 11 crashes again. Looks like the problem is in the toolbar. I don't use ID Safe but I use the toolbar to do Norton Reviews.

For Norton's Info: I uninstalled NS and installed Norton's Free ID Safe / Safe Web Toolbar. Tried the Tricare 4 Life Website. I was able to log on to the site without IE 11 crashing. Installed NS with the toolbar enabled, IE 11 crashes. I don't know if that will help finding out what's wrong but I thought I'd give it a shot. 

https://identitysafe.norton.com/

Kudos0

PTD

I uninstalled NS and installed Norton's Free ID Safe / Safe Web Toolbar. Tried the Tricare 4 Life Website. I was able to log on to the site without IE 11 crashing. Installed NS with the toolbar enabled, IE 11 crashes.

Great -- did you try the remaining variation of NS without toolbar or Identity Safe but with the Norton's Free ID Safe / Safe Web Toolbar ? Or did I miss that up the thread?

Hugh
Kudos0

Running W10 NSBU 22.6.0.142 and IE11 is crashing when I login to my electric coop. If I disable Norton Toolbar IE11 works fine. Problem started after update to 22.6.0.142.

Norton will fill in my credentials but when it starts the login process IE will crash.

Event View and Norton report errors with KERNELBASE.DLL which was updated on 1/27/2016

Jim

Kudos0

After receiving this update my Norton system tray icon shows a red/orange check mark at first and after about 15 seconds it changes to green (normal). My boot time protection is set to normal (default).

Yes, I turned off fast start up.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Norton Security v.22.17.x
Kudos0

Looks like Norton Pulled Version 22.6.0.142

I did another uninstall and reinstall and I'm getting Version 22.5.5.15

No problems now logging on to Tricare 4 Life.

Kudos0

I can confirm the same.

Kudos0

Hello

I'm not sure if the remove and reinstall tool has been updated to 22.6 yet.

Thanks.

Kudos0

The issue with v 22.6 is being investigated by Symantec.

Windows 10 Home X 64
Kudos0

I am on Version 22.6.0.142 and can confirm that IE11, with the Norton Toolbar enabled, also has an issue with the Lifecake website. If I disable the Norton Toolbar, IE11 works fine; re-enable it and IE11 crashes when I go to the Lifecake website.

Kudos0

Hmm, lifecakedotcom
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    IEXPLORE.EXE
  Application Version:    11.0.9600.18124
  Application Timestamp:    5641278d
  Fault Module Name:    KERNELBASE.dll
  Fault Module Version:    6.3.9600.18202
  Fault Module Timestamp:    569e72bb
  Exception Code:    e06d7363
  Exception Offset:    00015b68
  OS Version:    6.3.9600.2.0.0.768.101
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    5861
  Additional Information 2:    5861822e1919d7c014bbb064c64908b2
  Additional Information 3:    1318
  Additional Information 4:    13181ae637ac2592fac0ca2dd662cdcc

Kudos0

PhoneMan:

Running W10 NSBU 22.6.0.142 and IE11 is crashing when I login to my electric coop. If I disable Norton Toolbar IE11 works fine. Problem started after update to 22.6.0.142.

Norton will fill in my credentials but when it starts the login process IE will crash.

Event View and Norton report errors with KERNELBASE.DLL which was updated on 1/27/2016

Jim

After latest W10 update I am still getting this same problem on both W10 systems.

I just updated my W7 system and same error.

So it's on you Norton.

Jim  

Kudos0

Hello

I have the same thing on any Hanes.com website for the last couple days. I noticed the same thing in Norton Community Watch. Win 7 Pro 64 bits IE 11, but I think it's just with that one website.. I'm not signing into anything, just going to that website and looking at some clothes online.. I don't think it's Windows Updates...

Thanks.

Kudos0

I just did a uninstall and a fresh reinstall of NS. Installed Version 22.6.0.142.  Looks like Norton Patched Version 22.6.0.142 because I have no problems now with the Tricare 4 Life Website with toolbar enabled. Good Job Norton.  

Kudos0

I just had a report over on CompuServe from a NIS user that:

A large NIS update came out today and low and behold, it included an add-on for Firefox, Identity Safe and Web Safe, and it works.

Hugh
Kudos0

Yep, the patch appears to have corrected the problem with IE 11 crashing when I go to the Lifecake website; good deal!!!!!

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.