Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!
Windows doesn't recognize Norton Antivirus that runs twice
Following the "LiveUpdate" I did today (Jan. 22), I have the following strange situation:
- Norton Security seems to run ok, I can see the icon in the tray and things seem to respond as always;
- Windows Defender now insists that I have no virus and firewall protection, and that I need to open Norton Internet Security;
- Windows Defender also claims I'm using multiple antivirus programs;
- The Windows Control Panel -- Security and Maintenance -- when I view the installed antivirus or firewall apps, in each I see "Norton Internet Security" twice, once "On" and once "Off" (see attached image);
- The Task Manager displays 2 "Norton Security" processes, one with a "checked" icon that uses 0% cpu and another with "unchecked" icon that uses lots of cpu. Both command line columns run the NortonSecurity.exe image, but with different switches and options (see attached image).
Help... Am I protected? How do I solve this?