• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Windows Store Fails to Update Error 80073DOA

Norton Security is not compatible with Windows 10. Windows Firewall MUST be enabled to allow the Store to Update & Install Apps on Windows 10! 
Found this by accident.  Disabling the Norton Firewall was easy but there was no option to turn the Windows Firewall back on. 
I went into Services & did it from there. All working fine now. Be nice to be able to use the Norton Firewall though??????

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Windows Store Fails to Update Error 80073DOA

Actually, only the background Windows FW Service component needs to be enabled in order for the Windows Store to function properly - The foreground Windows FW and Defender Security user-interface/management components do not need to be enabled (they are by default disabled and/or otherwise managed by your Norton product installation) in order for the Windows Store to be operable ...

Kudos0

Thankyou for that. I'd love to be able to run the application ( Norton) I paid for :)  BUT these are not the options I'm getting on Windows 10. Something I forgot to do?

Kudos0

Sorry I tell a lie. Just noticed my Router seems to be a Public network - it's not. I'll get back to you

Kudos0

By Background Windows Service do you mean BFE or MpsSvc? At the moment Store requires MpsSvc else it will not install any Apps or Update. Am I missing something?

Kudos0

The Windows Firewall service (highlighted and "Running" in my first response image)...

Actually is the "MpsSvc" (Windows service name)...

If you cannot successfully enable the Norton FW, which should in-turn be taking over and (all on its own be) automatically managing the Windows background "MpsSvc" service, and foreground Win-FW, & Win-Defender user-interface elements, then I would suspect either a damaged Norton product installation and/or the involvement of an additional 3rd party security product that's conflicting-with, or otherwise-preventing, the Norton-2-Windows control/management interfacing functionality.

Do you happen to have another security product also (commensurately) installed? If you do, I'd suggest removing it...

You may also want to consider reinstalling your Norton product using the NRnR tool, available at:

www.norton.com/nrnr

Please keep us posted on your progress,
John

Kudos0

No other security package installed. Double checked! I have found what works is to Enable the windows firewall & set it to Automatic( MpsSvc) I then turned on the Norton ' Smart Firewall' . It did not take control of the Windows Firewall. I then rebooted just to make sure all was OK. The MpsSvc process disappeared but all worked well.
Kudos0

^^^

Kudos0

Rosmwilkinson:
No other security package installed. Double checked! I have found what works is to Enable the windows firewall & set it to Automatic( MpsSvc) I then turned on the Norton ' Smart Firewall' . It did not take control of the Windows Firewall. I then rebooted just to make sure all was OK. The MpsSvc process disappeared but all worked well.

Sounds as though you have found the solution... 

Cheers!
John

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.