• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

wwajse error code 1001

Win 10 is now constantly logging multiple strings of  wwajse error code 1001s apparently related to Norton Safe Web in Edge.  Can't find any valid reference on this site or Microsoft support.  Anyone help?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: wwajse error code 1001

Hi cyberswine, Thanks for reporting this issue. Please share a screenshot of the errors you see. The picture will help the gurus here recommend workarounds.
Kudos0

I'm wondering about the naming, are you sure this isn't wwa.jsp that is throwing your error? Please post a screenshot of your error by following the instructions here.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Home / Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.175 / N360 Deluxe 22.17.2.47 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00
Kudos0

Thanks for the responses, screen shot attached.  No error on the code.  Simple solution:  disable Norton Safe Web :)

Kudos0

Are there any entries in your Norton Security history in general or under Norton Error Reporting?

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Home / Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.175 / N360 Deluxe 22.17.2.47 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00
Kudos0

Nothing in the Norton logs or history, nothing in router log.  All updating is complete, all clear on scans.  Ran DISM and SFC. Spent several days on further testing... found that when SafeWeb is disabled all is good but if I enable a third party pop up blocker the error is exactly the same and just as frequent but references the pop up blocker instead of SafeWeb.   So  it would appear that I have some combination of hardware/software that is not allowing Edge to tolerate at least some third party extensions.  Not expecting any solution at this point but thanks to all for trying.

Now…. if I could just find a solution to the BITS error 7040 generated 20 times per hour I'd be happy.  (Not Norton related)  That is a well documented issue but none of the published fixes work for me.

Kudos1 Stats

Edge has had some negative effects with Norton extensions since some recent Windows update. There is a fix for what was affecting Norton that has been released to the Windows Insiders, that has been reported here as having fixed the issues. You will just have to wait for MS to release this update to the regular user channel.

This may be affecting what you are seeing.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Thanks for the information. I am a MS Windows Insider, I have not seen any fix to address this. I have removed the Norton Edge extension and am relying on Edge's protection.

Thanks again,

Bill Byrnes

Kudos0

billbyrnes:

Thanks for the information. I am a MS Windows Insider, I have not seen any fix to address this. I have removed the Norton Edge extension and am relying on Edge's protection.

Thanks again,

Bill Byrnes

Have you tried reinstalling the Norton Extensions? The fix may not mention Norton specifically. I am not an insider.

Here is the post by another Windows insider...   https://community.norton.com/en/comment/8079501#comment-8079501

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

cyberswine. Check your BITS "startup type" in your system Services. Make sure it is "automatic-delayed start" per the screenshot below. Reboot and check for those messages disappearing.

Cheers

Kudos0

Thanks all, Soul Asylum:  makes no difference what state the BITS service is placed in, it just constantly changes state over and over.  Tried several reported fixes (including deleting Chrome!) with no luck.  Disabling the service works fine except then a few other things don't work at all and that is not sustainable.  As previously stated, there is a wealth of information on this specific issue but no fix.  It's generally regarded as a benign or harmless nuisance.   Bugs me is all :)

Kudos0

cyberswine. Peterweb is spot on with his post regarding the recent "out of band" updates to Windows. FWIW!! I had an AMD based PC where the October update to version 1809 HUNG, stating "a restart is required". Rebooting I received a prompt BSOD with error code 0x000021a and an non-bootable PC. Two days of haggling and finally got it to boot. Making a long story short, I followed this guide for an in-place upgrade to 1809. Selected upgrade this PC now and all is well. Several other small lingering issues from the 1803 update were also corrected. I think doing the last step in the guide MAY correct your issues as well. Please note: backup your data BEFORE doing an in-place upgrade to be on the safe side.

Cheers

Kudos0

I have re-installed the Norton Extensions on Edge many times, no difference. I think the thread you referenced is for another problem, Password Manager issues in Edge.

Thanks for the information.

Bill Byrnes

Kudos0

Thanks again SoulAsylum, that looked promising at first but all remains the same.  The  last step was a KB update that was in fact already installed.  Nice try though....

Kudos0

cyberswine. This is what I believe you missed in the article which was my solution. Backup your data before doing this as well.

Perform an in-place upgrade

Download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT) and use it to perform an “in-place upgrade” of Windows 10. We have a video that can show you how if you aren’t sure.

Note If you are not already on the most recent version of Windows, this will update you to the most recent.

Cheers

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.