• Todas las Comunidades
    • Todas las Comunidades
    • Foros
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Avanzado

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos2 Stats

Norton Identity safe and Firefox 49

Identity safe does not work after updating to Firefox 49, It won't let me sign in, it doesn't save logins, and doesn't fill logins, absolutely useless. I am using a laptop with Windows 10 but I don't use Microsoft edge.

Respuestas

Kudos0

Re: Norton Identity safe and Firefox 49

It is working for me with FF 49 on Win 10.

Did you have it working before on FF 48?

If you use No Script or Ad Block Plus, they can block ID Safe from signing in. In ABP I had to disable the EasyPrivacy filter to get ID Safe to work, I do not use No Script, but you may be able to get it to ignore the ID Safe login page.

Norton is aware of these blocks.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

I turned adblock off still not working,  I am signed in to Norton and have Id safe open but the id safe on the navigation bar keeps saying it's locked so if I sign in on there I get a message saying sorry something went wrong please try again later even though I am signed in to id safe

Kudos0

where do i find that plugin please? 

Kudos1 Stats

Jerrycanada:  where do i find that plugin please? 

are you looking for > Pre-Release Norton Identity Safe extension for Firefox browser

Kudos0

thanks, I'll back up my vault and give it a try. 

Kudos0

azara50:

I turned adblock off still not working,  I am signed in to Norton and have Id safe open but the id safe on the navigation bar keeps saying it's locked so if I sign in on there I get a message saying sorry something went wrong please try again later even though I am signed in to id safe

Turning off Ad Block made no difference? What other add ons do you use? Try disabling them one at a time until you find what is interfering with the Norton extension.

Being signed into the vault from IE, Chrome or the Norton Security product does not affect your signed in status in the new Firefox extension. For some reason, Norton did not 'connect' the two methods of accessing the vault. Yet???

If you are still having trouble signing into the FF extension, you might go into FF Add Ons, and uninstall the extension. Close FF and then go back and reinstall the extension.

Kudos0

Looks like Norton has released a new IDSafe extension for FF in ver 22.8.0.50.

Has anyone tried it yet?

http://community.norton.com/en/blogs/product-update-announcements/norton-228-product-update-available-now

Fully integrated IDSafe with Firefox 48.x and above

• Changed the flow for enabling browser based features in Firefox (SafeSearch, Security Toolbar, and Identify Safe)
  • Additional prompts to configure the newly added ID Safe support for Firefox.

Jim

Kudos0

Yeah, it kept failing to install with a connection error and isn't offered to me any longer after closing FF.  I'm trying to find out if it was the same as the pre-release version or not.

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

Same for me cannot get past the install for 'Connection failure' been a long wait just to fall at the first fence!

Kudos1 Stats

Hi @CR42,

Sorry for the trouble caused. This issue is resolved now, could you please try again and let us know if you still get the same error message? Thanks

Sunil_GA | Norton Forums Administrator | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Norton updated to  22.8.0.50, my firefox is 49, still id safe is not working, and now when looking at Norton id safe settings it says Firefox browser is not installed, although it says it's the default browser and has been on my laptop for years, what on earth is going on?

Kudos0

azara50

Did you try running LiveUpdate again and restart your computer again?

Kudos0

Yep several times, I don't think I'll bother with Identity safe, as it is useless to me, why they couldn't put it back to the original way in the toolbar is beyond me.

Kudos0

Thanks Sunil-GA have now run the install again and pleased to say that it now works perfectly, thanks for the fast response.

Kudos0

(Sorry, my English is poor!)
Although this is not any consolation for you, but I have a laptop I use and it works perfectly for me.
Acer, WIN10 Home, FF49.0.1
Kudos0

At last I have found the problem, I had to sign out of Norton Internet Security and then sign in to the Norton Identity Safe on the navigation bar, now it's working, weird

Kudos0

Norton Identity Safe does work with Firefox 49, but it works differently than with IE and Google Chrome (under Windows 7).

The first step I took was to update Firefox to the latest version,  49.0.1  Next I opened Norton Security and downloaded the latest update.  This then required a reboot to complete the installation.  Then I opened Firefox, clicked on Tools and clicked on Add-ons, and then clicked on Get Add-on's.  Using the search box I typed in Norton, and Norton Identity Safe appeared at the top of the list.  I installed that and followed Firefox and Norton instructions to include Norton Toolbar and Norton Identity Safe as accepted add-ons.

The "Vault is Closed/Open" option doesn't appear on the Norton Toolbar in Firefox like it does in IE and Chrome.  I found that when I first open Firefox, I don't see any way to open Identity Safe.  When I go to a website where I need a user ID and Password, Norton brings up a small window requiring me to enter my Identity Safe password; when I do that the required user ID and Password are inserted and everything works fine.  If I close the Firefox browser and open it later, I once again have to enter the password for Identity Safe so that user ID's and Passwords will work once again.  At first I was disappointed that after closing the browser and opening it again, I have to enter the Identity Safe password, but now I think it's a good idea.  If I close the browser, I know that the ID Safe is closed and no one can come along and open the browser and use all my passwords.

Kudos0

WellnessDave

To open the vault from FF before going to sites you will see a little grey icon at the far right of the address bar. That is the new ID Safe extension.

Kudos0

I see the button at the top but when I enter my password, it says

"You have typed the wrong Email Address or Password. Please try again. "

even though both email and password are correct.                                 

Kudos0

Marvellous ! So I try and sign out of Norton in NIS Program and when trying to reconnect with my account details I get "an unexpected browser error has occurred , please try again"

Kudos0

If you have signed in on Norton id safe it doesn't work, so log out of Norton id safe but stay logged in to Norton Internet Security then only sign in to the Firefox one and use your id safe password not the Norton one
Kudos0

If you have signed in on Norton id safe it doesn't work, so log out of Norton id safe but stay logged in to Norton Internet Security then only sign in to the Firefox one and use your id safe password not the Norton one

If you are referring to being logged in from IE or Chrome or from your Norton product, you do not have to sign out first to be able to sign into the new FF extension. The problem is that there seems to be no connection between the new FF extension and the other methods of sign in. Norton is aware of this.

Kudos0

The main problem I have is that I telephoned support, they took over my PC spent half an hour trying to fix it - deactivated my product and then gave up and told me to reinstall it. After 2 attempts it finally reinstalled (without using the removal tool which was no good) and I could sign back into my account. Then when it updated to the latest program version, it broke again and I simply get "activation required, unexpected browser error cannot connect to the internet"

Is there any way to stop live update from updating to the new program version ? The old one works fine, the new one does not.

Kudos0

Continues to fail to connect to server.

Kudos0

The only way to stop Live Update from updating the program is to turn off the Automatic Live Update in Settings. But doing this also leaves your system without the latest malware definitions.

Have you restarted your computer? If you use Windows 8/8.1 or 10, there can be an issue with the Fast Start feature.. See more information here.

Kudos0

No that.s not it as I always restart manually. I have now done a clean install using the NIS tool to download the latest files and it has activated my account but when it comes to the Identity Safe in the web brtoswer - I am getting the same old "an unexpected browser error" message.  So I can't use Identity Safe now - no idea what is going on and the Norton Technician was clueless as well.

Kudos0

I'm also getting the message "unexpected browser error has occurred, please try again" when trying to login to the ID safe in Firefox 49 on my desktop. Have tried all the suggestions above, but nothing helps.

I had updated to Firefox 49 on my laptop a few days ago & have had no trouble logging in, so have just updated to FF 49 on my desktop. Why is one working & not the other?

Kudos0

Hello MarionK

Have you restarted your computer without Fast Startup on?

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Thanks for your suggestion, flopot. Yes, I have ensured Fast Startup is disabled & restarted my computer. It made no difference.

Is Symantec working on a fix for this?

Kudos0

Hello

Yes, Norton is continuing work on the Identity Safe and the Firefox Toolbar. Delays due to Mozilla and Microsoft contribute to the issues and delays. New Extensions have to be approved by both Mozilla and Microsoft. Microsoft has to allow the necessary extensions before they can be released.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos1 Stats

Hopefully they can all start to work together some day, so that us users are not so inconvenienced! Am I asking too much?

Thanks for your reply, floplot.

Kudos0

On 49.0.2 now, NIS NTB IDSafe still not working. The 3 dots in the NTB do not respond. Tried the "add-on", but click on that to sign in, sign in, goes to a blank white page, does nothing more, go back to the button, still says need to log in. This feature has been a mess since they changed it's format/appearance. Tried disabling, enabling, restart after restart, update, even RnR several times, still doesn't work. So sad really. This feature hasn't worked properly in a very, very long time. Funny how other "add-ons" update in FF and roll just fine, all the time. Norton passing the buck here blaming everyone else, but their own inability to get this back to functioning the way it did, well, years ago. Talk with support, and well, they don't know either, just keep trying the same things over and over and over again, so, so, SO frustrating, doesn't make Norton look too good failing to get this functioning properly after so long.
Kudos0

Mine is working fine, I am on Windows 10 on my laptop, I only use Firefox,  I had problems at first and I found out by myself that you do not need the Norton toolbar you sign in on the Firefox extension,  so I logged out of Norton id safe, I found out you cannot sign in to Norton and the Firefox button,  make sure Norton is up to date and Firefox, so when you open your Firefox browser just click on the button and it should tell you to sign in,  hope it's clear good luck

Kudos0

TheWayOfYahweh:
On 49.0.2 now, NIS NTB IDSafe still not working. The 3 dots in the NTB do not respond. Tried the "add-on", but click on that to sign in, sign in, goes to a blank white page, does nothing more, go back to the button, still says need to log in.

The 3 dots, only take you to the settings for the old Toolbar version of ID Safe that still works with IE or Chrome. No connection to the new FF extension.

Do you use AdBlock Plus or No Script? These two add ons interfere with the new FF extension causing the white screen you see when you click Sign in. Norton is aware of this incompatibility.

This feature has been a mess since they changed it's format/appearance. Tried disabling, enabling, restart after restart, update, even RnR several times, still doesn't work. So sad really. This feature hasn't worked properly in a very, very long time. Funny how other "add-ons" update in FF and roll just fine, all the time. Norton passing the buck here blaming everyone else, but their own inability to get this back to functioning the way it did, well, years ago. Talk with support, and well, they don't know either, just keep trying the same things over and over and over again, so, so, SO frustrating, doesn't make Norton look too good failing to get this functioning properly after so long.

You have to remember this is still a pre release version, as noted in the FF Add ons page. It is a work in progress.

Kudos0

Have sign out of Norton as it keeps me signed in, then sign in to get my Identity Safe  to open, otherwise just get error message.

Kudos1 Stats

Hello Ron1

You have to sign into the ID Safe every time you want to use it. That is a new security feature.

Thanks.

Kudos1 Stats

FF 50 is released now and it may help with issues with FF extension. It did help with problems with Ad Block Plus and No Script.

Kudos0

FF50 fixed the problem.

Kudos0

Firefox 50.2, Norton Identify Safe 1.2.47.5., Norton Security 22.8.1.14, Windows 10 1607.14393.447

Unable to "sign in" to Norton Identify Safe.  Receive "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again."  Trying again does not resolve the issue.  Running live update and rebooting does not resolve the issue.

Waited for over a year to get Norton Identity Safe back -- still not working.  Come on Norton please fix this thing.  After all, I did pay for it.

Kudos0

Hi @Timothy West,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have sent you a private message requesting more details on the issue. Please check it when you get a chance. Thanks.  

Sunil_GA | Norton Forums Administrator | Symantec Corporation

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.