• Todas las Comunidades
    • Todas las Comunidades
    • Foros
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Avanzado

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Update 22.0.1.14 installed

I've just received an update to NS.  The version is now v22.0.1.14.

Is there any news what is included with this update?

Thanks,
Dave

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.

Respuestas

Kudos0

Re: Update 22.0.1.14 installed

Me Too. 1 week after the release.

Come On Man

Jim

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

Kudos4 Stats

Off topic, but I think it's pretty cool how Tony does that screenshot.  (Nevermind if you never noticed whats cool about it)

Dave

Kudos0

Thats right. You cannot use the snipping tool to capture that. Are all our great Gurus listed there? In NIS its not the case...(a bit outdated observation)
regards, CV | There is no ONE TOUCH KEY to security . Be alert and vigilant. . | Always have a Backup Plan!
Kudos1 Stats

Hi Dave,

I had to Flag As Offensive just so I could comment, and yes I did notice the credits.  ;)

I think you can use Ctrl + PrtSc to capture it [Clipboard], then paste and edit it in paint to just show the bit you're interested in.

Dave

Kudos0

Even I rated a mention, much to my astonishment !..........

Windows 10 Home X 64 Norton Security Premium Current
Kudos2 Stats

You can in fact use the Snipping Tool to capture that image as I have done below:

Not exactly the easiest thing to do with the moving (scrolling) target - but possible.  I have done this with other "drop downs" that tend to disappear when you use the Snipping Tool.

Here's how:

Open the Snipping Tool, press ESC, create you drop down (in this case pull up the About and when you get to the scrolling part you desire) do a Ctrl + Prt SCR. This will freeze the screen and provide the shaded area the Snipping Tool works in and then select the area you desire for your image and save it.  I have found that saving it to desktop has been handy - especially if I do not desire to use it again.  I can then bring it into the IMCE and have it available to post - later deleting the Image from the desktop to the recycle bin.

Kudos2 Stats

I use the free Irfanview for screenshots -- very simple to use and very flexible in what it can do in terms of anything from a full screen through active window to client window to a selected rectangle.

And then since it's an excellent editor and file converter   etc it keeps on giving.

I have an icon on the task bar so I can always access it without digging. Open it, press C on the keyboard to set up Capture and tell it what you want in terms of the shot and whether you want to show it immediately on screen or save it and if so where ......

Just be careful where you choose to download from. I avoid the first two the list and in general choose tucows as safe from PUPs BUT as always watch the install screens carefully.

And after it installs go back and download the PlugIns -- a much larger file but invaluable.

Although it is capable of opening an amazing range of files, not just image, I preselect it for all Images and not for All Files.

Hugh
Kudos0

Interesting... I will check.

Does it open .CR2 & .NEF extensions files??

Thanks.

Kudos0

Thanks.

http://www.irfanview.com/main_formats.htm 

Ooops!  you were asking Hugh

Kudos0

F4E wrote:  Even I rated a mention, much to my astonishment !..........

If you look real close.  I think you're mentioned twice.  You may have to squint to see it. 

Kudos0

Thanks.

http://www.irfanview.com/main_formats.htm 

Ooops!  you were asking Hugh

Thanks for saving me from looking .... 

Hugh
Kudos0

way off topic but you can simply do Win+PrtScreen in Windows 8/8.1 and then edit it with paint. No need to download any software or complicate yourself with the snipping tool.

Kudos0

way off topic but you can simply do Win+PrtScreen in Windows 8/8.1 and then edit it with paint. No need to download any software or complicate yourself with the snipping tool.

You can, but Irfanview is so useful and more flexible than Paint, which from what I've heard people report does not save in some of the common formats but I may be wrong about that. 

For me it is a big advantage to do it all in one utility -- selecting what part I want to capture, where I want to save it and to edit if necessary since I usually can capture only the part I want to pass on.

Hugh

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.