• Todas las Comunidades
    • Todas las Comunidades
    • Foros
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Avanzado

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Can't restore a backup using Norton 360

I have a Dell XPS8700, now running windows 10.

I had an initial upgrade to windows 10, from 8.1, go bad. Many tiles wouldn't work. It took me weeks of trial and error using troubleshooting aids and suggestions from the Microsoft troubleshooting options and the Microsoft knowledge base and community. What I ended up having to do was to format my drive and reinstall windows 10. It appears to be working OK now.

I reinstalled Norton 360. I still had a pertinent backup of my files created before the upgrade with Norton 360 to an external drive..

Now I can't restore my data and program files. I tried making a folder and restoring to that folder ... but ng.

It says that the failure to restore errors can be viewed in the security history, which indicates 'Unauthorized Access'.

My new 360 installation won't restore my backup. Please Help!

Respuestas

Kudos0

Re: Can't restore a backup using Norton 360

When you use an external drive as the backup destination, Norton adds the portable restore files to that drive: arestore.exe and arestore.loc

Double click arestore.exe and see if that will restore your files.  If for some reason you don't have those restore files, copy them from your current version of 360 onto the root of the external drive (not into any folder, the base of the drive).

Dave

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.