• Todas las Comunidades
    • Todas las Comunidades
    • Foros
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Avanzado

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Are there certain files that are automatically skipped during backup?

So I'm backing up my music folder and I create a new backup set. In the What tab, I turn off all the file types and instead, just include the folder of my music location. I was under the impression that if I turned off all file types and just add it to include the music folder itself, it would backup everything since there are photos of album art and sometimes pdf files within the music folder that wouldn't be picked up by the Music file type. After the backup, I try restoring some of the files to a separate location and find that some of the different size of album art and files like thumbs.db wouldn't be backed up. These files are also hidden files. Does Norton automatically skip system files like thumbs.db or does it skip over all hidden files during backup? Also, is there a way to backup absolutely everything without Norton skipping over files?

Respuestas

Kudos0

Re: Are there certain files that are automatically skipped during backup?

I am using Norton 360 to backup.
Kudos2 Stats

Hello iamconfused,

By default Norton does not back up system folders/files and they will be ignored if added manually.

I would not be concerned about thumbs.db not being backed up. This is just a cache used to store thumbnail preview images and Windows will automatically recreate these if deleted or not present.

Hope that helps.

"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation."   Edward R. Murrow
Kudos0

Solved my question.  Thanks

Kudos0

What about hidden files? I can manually hide a file and it won't be picked up.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.