• Todas las Comunidades
    • Todas las Comunidades
    • Foros
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Avanzado

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

fix now!!! or Not

I love this bug I found. if your logged into a None admin account and odds are most of us are doing that, you'll see this if you leave Norton security offline for a day or two and if it haven't been updated it.  or if there is a problem that has to be fix this happens.

The problem is here is you don't get the no fix button here, and if your login as a none admin like me,  you find your self with no clue what so ever you should do or what's at risk here. or even how to fix it.  

BUT if you login as a admin on that same computer.

The lovely little fix now button is clearly seen. SYMANTEC can we please have a fix for the fix now button. so it shows up on ether accounts.

or is there some option to give none admins, admin rights?

and the answer to the at problem is run live update and do a quick scan but Norton doesn't tell you that. 

Respuestas

Kudos0

Re: fix now!!! or Not

The option to allow non admins access to settings was removed some time ago. I think with the introduction of the 22.x.x.x. version. This also seems to affect the Fix Now function. It also affects the Backup features and settings if you have the NS with Backup.

I ran into this in the past and just switched to my admin account to run the fix, and I have not seen this come up since.

Even with the standard account, you do get told to run a scan.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Your lucky if it does "fix it" as I've had this kind of thing happen especially to sonar which refused to keep turned on and had to uninstall then install again to fix the fix it,
Kudos0

Hello

We just got a SONAR update.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.