• Todas las Comunidades
    • Todas las Comunidades
    • Foros
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Avanzado

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Will Not Start

I have had this same problem with two Norton products. (I am currently using Windows 8.1)

When I try to open Norton Internet Premium (with backup) which I just installed last week, it does not open. I have to go through the entire Norton removal tool and reinstall process.

Had the same problem with Norton360 that I just updated from.

Was hoping the new one would not do this. I am beyond frustrated with this ongoing problem!

Looking for solutions. Please!

Thank you!

Respuestas

Kudos1 Stats

Re: Will Not Start

On occasion I have the same problem, Norton just doesn't open, either with the taskbar icon or the icon in the start menu. Restarting the laptop usually gets it working again.

Virginia/Twilight Princess. Windows 10 Pro 64bit, iPhone X, iPad Pro 9.7".
Kudos0

Mamapup:

I am currently using Windows 8.1

[…]

Hi Mamapup,

Please see if this post http://community.norton.com/en/forums/windows-881-or-10-and-fast-start-feature-2 is of some help.

Keep us posted.

Windows 7 HP SP1 32-bit | Chrome 65.0.3325.146 | NS 22.12.1.15
Kudos0

I had the same problems

Kudos1 Stats

I don't believe this is the problem. This happens whether it's been shut down or left on.

Kudos0

I wish it were so simple. Restarting does not do the trick. I have to use the remove tool to remove it completely then reinstall.

Kudos1 Stats

Mamapup:

I don't believe this is the problem. This happens whether it's been shut down or left on.

OK, I believe that means you do have fast start up enabled.....

Another suggestion, try right clicking on the Norton icon in the system tray at the bottom right of your screen, and click on Get Support to run Autofix to check your Norton installation.

If that does not find/fix anything, right click again on the Norton icon in the systray and now click on Run LiveUpdate. Keep doing this, rebooting as requested until it says no updates are available. Reboot again and see if you can now open your Norton.

Please let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Windows 7 HP SP1 32-bit | Chrome 65.0.3325.146 | NS 22.12.1.15
Kudos0

Hi @Mamapup & @surek,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please lets us know the Norton Product version number currently installed on your computer? 

Sunil_GA | Norton Forums Administrator | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Mamapup:

I have had this same problem with two Norton products. (I am currently using Windows 8.1)

When I try to open Norton Internet Premium (with backup) which I just installed last week, it does not open. I have to go through the entire Norton removal tool and reinstall process.

Had the same problem with Norton360 that I just updated from.

Was hoping the new one would not do this. I am beyond frustrated with this ongoing problem!

Looking for solutions. Please!

Thank you!

Hi Mamapup,

I caught the comment I bolded above.  Initially, did you in fact update to NSBU over the top of N 360?  I know the install of NSBU should uninstall N360, but that is not always a complete uninstall - not the same as a manual uninstall of N 360 (via Control Panel) and then running the Norton Removal Tool. 

On your most recent uninstall/reinstall did you in fact uninstall via the Control Panel, run the NRT and then grab a fresh download of NSBU - either by download or from your Norton Account?

There is another more thorough cleanup that I have used in the past and cleans a bit more than the Norton Removal Tool does.  Since this situation happened on your N 360 install and is still present after numerous reinstall attempts, I have to think that there may be some digital debris left over from the N 360 install (cause of the problem in N 360) causing the same problem with your current NSBU install. 

Please let us know the answers to my question and also the version you are using as Sunil asked.

Kudos0

No I did not install it over the Norton360. In fact, I was online with support chat who took control of my computer.

And I had this problem when I was using Norton360.

Am using Norton™ Security Premium

Thanks.

Kudos0

Oh, sorry - version 22.5.5.15

Thanks again!

Kudos1 Stats

Mamapup:

The point about the Windows Fast Startup feature is that if it is enabled, it does not allow a complete system shutdown that is required by Norton and many other programs to complete updates to system files. You need to turn the feature off or at least use the restart option instead of shut down.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

OK - will give it a try.

Kudos0

@Mamapup, Also, Norton Security 22.6.0.142  is now available for all customers via LiveUpdate(manual) Please update Norton to the latest version 22.6.0.142 and let us know if you are still seeing the same issue. 

Sunil_GA | Norton Forums Administrator | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

yeah, same thing here. If i shut down my pc, norton won't appear. I have to restart everytime. Im an IT student, so I know my way around. I've tried everything but no matter what I try it keeps happening. Already clean installed w10, without success.

Kudos0

mkcxie:

yeah, same thing here. If i shut down my pc, norton won't appear. I have to restart everytime. Im an IT student, so I know my way around. I've tried everything but no matter what I try it keeps happening. Already clean installed w10, without success.

If restarting as opposed to shutting down fixes this for you, it sounds like you have the Fast Startup feature enabled. Try disabling it using the information found  here.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.