• Todas las Comunidades
    • Todas las Comunidades
    • Foros
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Avanzado

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton Security Error Message

Hi,

Just logged on and I'm getting the below error-anyone know what it means? I don't have time to wait 45 minutes to chat with Symantec :(

File Attachment: 

Respuestas

Kudos0

Re: Norton Security Error Message

Have you restarted your computer?

What were you trying to do when you got that error message?

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

I was out. I came back to my hotel and saw it on my screen.

I had Norton remote in. They uninstalled, used the removal tool and told me it was fixed. I told them I have done that routine for many years. I ran LiveUpdate which required a reboot.

Now, I see Windows Update is trying to download Defender definitions because the Real Time protection is turned on.

And to boot, I clicked "Get Support" and the installation was repaired-something again, that has happened on and off for many years with no official explanation from Norton.

There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help:

• Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.225.1590.0) - Error 0x80248007

This option was set to no prior to seeing the error message on my screen today.

Kudos0

So the message from your original post has been dealt with by support? It would seem that there was just a problem with your Norton product contacting the subscription servers. A system restart may have solved that.

Now, I see Windows Update is trying to download Defender definitions because the Real Time protection is turned on.

This is something that many users ran into. For me, what worked was to uninstall Norton and restart the computer. Go to Windows Settings and turn off all Windows Defender options. Restart the computer again and then re install Norton.  You should not have the issue with the Defender definition downloads again.  (I am assuming you are on Win 10 with this information)

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

I will try that tomorrow night when I get back to the hotel. I would really like a response from Norton on what exactly is getting repaired when you click on get support and it says installation success. It's been happening for years.
Kudos0

I don't think there is an answer for why the Get Support shows the Installation Success message. As you say, it has been happening for years now. It may just mean that the installation has been checked and all is OK. Just poorly worded.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.