• Todas las Comunidades
    • Todas las Comunidades
    • Foros
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Avanzado

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Chrome Not Working

Ever since I installed Norton Internet Security on my computer Chrome has stopped working. I've already tried going into the Norton Fire Wall and allowing the Chrome program to go through, but it didn't work. I tried temporarily shutting off smart fire wall and auto-protect but Chrome still will not open. I've reinstalled both programs several times and got Chrome to work once after I reinstalled the Norton Program, but then it stopped working again shortly after. Every time I click on Chrome the blue loading circle appears and then disappears shortly after and Chrome never opens. I can get Chrome to open if I use Run as Administrator, but it takes about 10 minutes to actually open. I looked at my windows fire wall to see if that was blocking it, but it was already allowing Chrome through. I know it's been a well documented issue that Chrome and Norton don't work together, but I was hoping someone might have found a solution.  

Respuestas

Kudos0

Re: Chrome Not Working

I have exactly the same problem. But I have had the problem only for one month or so. I guess some Norton updates in May/June are to blame in my case at least. I won't be purchasing Norton again if they can't fix it.

Kudos0

What OS are you using? If you use Windows 8/8.1 or 10, there can be an issue with the Fast Start feature.. See more information here.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Hello Gregory Rock

When your Norton product which has the Smart Firewall included with the program, your Windows Firewall should not be running and should be disabled. The Action Center should be showing that your Norton product is taking care of the Firewall function.

Thanks

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

I am using Win 7. Windows firewall is not on. Only solution I have found so far is that when I repeatedly click Chrome icon for 10-20 times it finally starts.

Kudos0

Hello jheino80

Do you have the latest Norton Extension from the Google or Chrome web store, whatever the proper name of that site is and is it enabled? If that doesn't help, try either replacing your profile if that is possible to do or replace Chrome with a clean version of it..

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

My window firewall is not active and norton firewall is active. Even then the google crome very sluggish. When I stop the norton firewall then the network work fast. Is there any solution other then dumping norton. I am using window 10 and Asus t200ta. Any help?

sangunni 

Kudos0

Hello sangunni

Did you thoroughly remove your prior security program using the removal tool from the previous vendor? Your Windows Firewall should not be active when your Norton product is installed. Are you using the latest version of Chrome? Do you have the extensions enabled? Have you tried turning off Fast Startup? Have you tried restarting your computer?

Thanks.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.