• Todas las Comunidades
    • Todas las Comunidades
    • Foros
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Avanzado

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

trojan:Win32/Rundas!Plock MS - Essentials found and quarantined but cannot eliminate. Norton does not find it and it does not yield a hit on search

Norton may not have found because it is quarantined.  Internet search says it is relatively new and provided a list of places I've never heard of to download a solution for it.  Maybe because MS Essentials on my Win 7 box can find but not eliminate, it is a marketing ploy to get me to upgrade to Win 10.  I have not looked into how the "Paying Customer" Beta test is going, so maybe they have a market ready product by now...

If anyone wants to be my hero on this one, please and much thanks in advance!
Michel  

Labels: Quarantine, Virus

Respuestas

Kudos0

Re: trojan:Win32/Rundas!Plock MS - Essentials found and quarantined but cannot eliminate. Norton does not find it and it does not yield a hit on search

Not sure I follow you. So are you saying your pc is infected with trojan:Win32/Rundas!Plock and Norton does not detect it? 

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protec...

Kudos0

Re: trojan:Win32/Rundas!Plock MS - Essentials found and quarantined but cannot eliminate. Norton does not find it and it does not yield a hit on search

@Mike, try this:

• resetting WSE to its default options > scan your disk again by using the latest WSE later
  • More, updating your Norton software > repeating the 1st step above.

And, I highly suggest you to pay a visit to Norton Virus Protection Promise if you think you are STILL infected.

BTW, if I may ask, were U trying to download sth from 3rd-party site/resources? If so, plz share us w/ the exact name.

More, if you don't have any backup file of your Windows, choose one that works for you; meantime, please avoid some risky/problematic options (e.g., MegaBackup, MyPC Backup, etc.)

(NSBU) Offers 25 GB of secure PC cloud backup, providing additional protection against ransomware.

And/or one of these options on the web. 

PUP Hunter PRO: Just TRYING to save the world (U) from cyber threats, A single blog post, at a time, and ONCE & FOR ALL. (A fan of Nadia_Kovacs)
Kudos1 Stats

I hope you don't have both MSE and Norton installed together on the one machine?

Windows 10 x64 1903
Kudos0

Interesting catch Krusty. You maybe on to something. 

Kudos0

Thanks very much for replying. I was not clear. For about 10 days I was having a lot of browser (IE10) "not responding" issues which not resolve. I use thumb drives for each security software product. Spy Hunter did not find. Reg clner found var temp pages only. MSE found and quarantined this malware, not eliminate. Norton did not find but it was in quarantine.  I searched forums for the malware and no hits.     

Kudos0

Thanks very much for your reply. l am using the Norton free trial software which I just downloaded so I suppose it is the latest version.  MSE is latest version, but I will go back to default if not already there.  My Internet search of MS told me this malware was newer than the MSE and it did not sound like MSE was still being supported.  Don't understand the acronym "sth" but I do not knowingly D/L anything from a 3d party site.  Not sure about term "infected". Is it still in quarantine, yes. Is it acting out somehow, not having same problems as before but it still shows being in quarantine and nothing else untoward is found.  Everything is backed up.  BTW, I did a recovery going back to my oldest date in late August, but that was after it was already in quarantine and after the recovery, it was still in quarantine.  Have not found a way to rip it out of quarantine and kill it with fire.  Have not been to Norton "Promise" but it seems a little cheeky of me to expect a promise when I am using a free trial...

Kudos0

thanks for reply.  No, using a separate thumb drive for each cleaner.

Kudos0

IE 10 is completely outdated and you should upgrade to IE 11. Better yet use a more secure browser such as Firefox or Google Chrome. There is no portable versions of MSE or SpyHunter. A registry cleaner is not a means of detecting malware. So what you're saying is that you are infected with Win32/Rundas!Plock and Norton does not see it? Which version are you running? Did you update and run a full scan? How are you running a scan with MSE or SpyHunter from a thumb drive when there is no portable versions of either of those programs.

Kudos0

Your posts do not make any sense. Maybe you can help clarify things. I removal malware on a daily basis and know of every single portable malware removal tool out there. Both you mentioned are not one of them. So you are running MSE and Norton side by side. Which Norton are you running? NS, NIS? 22.8?

Kudos0

To remove item from MSE quarantine simply follow these steps:

Click on the “Quarantined items” radio button to display the list of quarantined items. Then click the “Remove all” command button, or select a specific item and click the “Remove” button.

But again there is no MSE portable. So then you must be running Norton and MSE together. 

Kudos0

@Mike,

I'm using the Norton free trial software which I just downloaded so I suppose it is the latest version.

No, you may still need to update it manually by running LiveUpdate.

Run Norton Remove and Reinstall tool and get the latest of Norton Security installed instead. You can still make the best of that installation, as it offers 1-day trial with full function.

2. "Spy Hunter" & "Reg clner"

Spy Hunter did not find. Reg clner found var temp pages only.

Personally, you do not need to bother using so-called "Spy Hunter [SpyHunter]" nor "reg (registry) clner[cleaner]" at all - for more case studies, you may review this Reimage PC Repair Online. For clarity, uninstall those 2 software in no time.

3. MSE

MSE working in real-time mode is best at detecting and putting detected threats in quarantine or removing them (if possible). 

Yet,

you should not have both MSE and the real-time version of Norton installed at the same time (again). 

Then,

Do you (also) base this on the fact that the (Norton has) detected it and removed it (already)?

2ndly:

Have not found a way to rip it out of quarantine

Try following these directions and re-scan that Quarantine folder@ C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender (this should also wok for your Windows 10 - to view it, you need to modify Folder Options: make hidden items appear temporarily) using the latest version of Norton software you're running.

(Update) 4. NPE

WARNING: RUN NPE WITH CAUTION!

Because Norton Power Eraser is an aggressive virus removal tool, it may mark a legitimate program for removal.

Now you: have u tried scanned your system using an up-to-date Norton software (please tell us the exact name of it) even the discontinued Norton 360? 

One more thing: there was a typo in my comment above: treat WSE as Windows Defender (when it comes to Windows 10), or MSE. Sorry about this.

PUP Hunter PRO: Just TRYING to save the world (U) from cyber threats, A single blog post, at a time, and ONCE & FOR ALL. (A fan of Nadia_Kovacs)
Kudos0

My wife suggested I try the Power Eraser and I installed it on an empty thumb drive, ran it from there and it did not find the malware in the quarantine cage of horrors.

I will try the site you recommended.  I am somewhat reticent to spring it from quarantine so it can be found. If I can't resolve it by tomorrow, I will take the computer Back to ENU in Portland, OR (just across the mighty Columbia River) as they built it for me and are very good about follow-ups.  It is just that Portland is having lots of protests where people are blocking traffic and shouting nasty things at people of different skin colors accusing us passing motorists of being racists and full of hate when I just wanted to get to my doctor's appointment on time. I smiled and waved which really ticked off a bunch of "peaceful protestors" who were tossing rocks and passed prime fruits and vegetables at me.  I waved with all of my fingers at once.  Fortunately, none could throw anything very far except their voices.

I like cats and greet each one in the neighborhood.  They rub up against my leg and meow seductively but some, not all, will claw the daylights out of my hand when I reach down to pet them, so I am a little wary of them all.  I suppose that means I am a felino-phobe for being cautious and wanting to vet them a little more carefully before entrusting my blood veins to them.  I am so confused.  No one has ever called me a racist before, but there seems to be some way people standing in traffic when I move around them cautiously can see something in my subconscious which I have never acted upon.  Maybe I need therapy.  I certainly never want to act out on those deeply suppressed bad behaviors I seem to have that are so obvious to those recreational Marijuana smokers.  Oh Dear...

Kudos0

So this whole thread was a spam. Wow. Last post reported.
Kudos0

I am sorry you have never heard of Spy Hunter and its included application Registry Hunter which I DO NOT use to remove malware but to keep the registry from becoming clogged with old temp files.  I've been using it for over two years from an installation on a thumb drive and designating Drive C and Drive D when asked to select the drive(s) I want to scan.  The same for MSE.  As I stated, rather plainly I thought, The Microsoft Website, under Support, informed me that MSE, as a part of Win 7 is older than the referenced malware and will detect it, quarantine it but WILL NOT REMOVE IT.  Further, it explains that if I want to remove it, I can upgrade to the troubled Windows 8 or Windows 10.  To be sure, I clicked on the empty box named "remove" next to the referenced malware and no check mark appears in it regardless of how many times I check that box.  It would seem that because Microsoft tells anyone who reads it that MSE will detect the referenced malware and quarantine it, but will NOT REMOVE IT as MSE is older than the Malware.  The version of Norton I am using is the free trial and I am not running two of any security programs at the same time.

Thank you for your attempt to understand my post.    

Kudos0

Fine, report me, but it is not spam.

Kudos0

Exact Norton program - "free trial" down loaded today. 

Kudos0

Thid thread has gone now where fast. In order you cannot install MSE or SpyHunter on a thumb drive then stick in an infected PC and scan it. The only way you can do this is by using a portable version of both. And neither of them are portable. Emsisoft Emergency Kit and Norton Power Eraser are fully portable. Which Norton? There are several versions. Norton Antivirus, Norton Internet security, Norton Security? 22.8? What?

So are you running Norton Security 22.8?
Kudos0

MSE and SpyHunter do not make portable versions of their software. You cannot install MSE on a thumb drive. You can put the installer on a thumb drive then install it on a PC. But you cannot run it from a thumb drive.
Kudos0

Thank you all for your patience. I have resolved the issue and the malware is no longer present on my computer. I did not use any of the suggestions offered here but I thank each of you for your efforts.  I am Retiree of the US Army and messaged back and forth with a friend who is still on active duty.  He sent me a small non commercial piece of what I am sure someone will tell me is impossible and I ran it from a thumb drive and it removed the malware from the quarantine and then replaced all the free space on both my hard drives with zeroes.  I followed his directions and the malware nor any remains of it are on my computer any longer and all my files are intact.  I wish you a happy December during the period when public schools are closed and many travel and do all kinds of celebrations.  

Kudos0

Although solved you can download Microsoft defender offline and install on dvd, thumb drive... as for spy hunter, most sec sites like wilders, bleepingcomputers etc. do not recommend it. Its parent, enigmasoft are known purveyors of dubious products and practices.

Kudos0

Windows Defender and MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) are two entirely different programs. There is no Microsoft Defender. 

Kudos0

Sorry... I meant windows defender offline.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.