• Todas las Comunidades
    • Todas las Comunidades
    • Foros
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Avanzado

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Vault not found

I have spent better part of the past few days going back and forth with tech support on my Vault missing.  Originally I was told that the upgrades were being completed on the system so give it 24 hours.  I gave it 24 hours.  Still nothing.  I gave it another 48 before trying again.  At this point I got the engineers involved from support, and they told me that after the update a portion of users were still without their vault.  The support team did a log dump from my computer, which has no bearings on the situation since I am logging into a database to obtain my credentials.  At the end I was told that the logs were going to be sent to up level support for review without an ETA.  My question, has anyone experienced this and has it been fixed.

Labels: Online Vault

Respuestas

Kudos0

Re: Vault not found

for a week they have been telling me tomorrow now the say in the next 48 hours only just renewed my subscription or I would have dumped them

Kudos0

I too just renewed a little over a week ago for 10 device subscription for the home.  Well I can say that I have begun looking at alternatives as I mentioned to the person on the chat that was working on my machine.  Since I have not heard from anybody in more than 48 hours, I have been left with no other option than to look at others.  I would love to stay with Symantec, but I log into so many different sites daily, that this is the one tool that makes my life easier.  It is one of the main reasons why I renewed.

Kudos0

Hello

Can you both give us some basics like operating system and bit, which Norton product? What is the version number, what browser? These details help with the troubleshooting since we can't see your computers.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Hello

cannot see the point of giving you that information as everybody and there dog at support have had the info they have taken over my computer remotely and then say they are working on the fault and do nothing still not working

Kudos0

G Kemp:

Hello

cannot see the point of giving you that information as everybody and there dog at support have had the info they have taken over my computer remotely and then say they are working on the fault and do nothing still not working

If you are looking for help from the forum, we need as much information as possible about your system and Norton software. We are just users like you trying to help each other with problems. We have no access to,  or knowledge of what you may have told a support rep.

If you were just venting, then we are all with you on this. It is a sad state of affairs that all these issues have gone on as long as they have.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Hello,

I have three different platforms. Windows 10 computers (4 in total), Windows 7, and Android table.  All are currently with processors minimum of 12GB ofor RAM and SSD in all.  The manufacturers are HP (both A10 and i5), ASUS (i7), and Lenovo (i5).   The Android is Samsung tablet a few months old with 6.0.1.

All are currently patched and the most current version of Norton Internet Security  (10 user edition).

I can appreciate that this site is not designed for complaining about the company,  but it is frustrating given that I have been loyal to Norton/Symantec since the early 90s both corporate and end-user.  There just doesn't seem to be any answers right now for the problem.

Thanks.

Kudos0

Just got this from Symantec

Thank you for your recent contact with Symantec.

We hope that we were able to assist you, and that your experience with our customer service was positive. If this is not the case, or if there is anything else we can do to help, please just click here [link removed by Admin]   to chat with one of our senior support representatives.

Our ongoing efforts to provide better service require your feedback, and we request that you complete our customer satisfaction survey.

To complete our survey, please click on the survey link below:

click here  [link removed by Admin]

Our Thanks,
Richard Gianvecchio
Vice President
Global Technical Support
Symantec Corporation

are they taking the p** or what ITS STILL NOT WORKING

Kudos0

Hello G Kemp

Your links don't work.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

The links are copied from a e-mail from Symantec support wanting me to tell them how great they are for not fixing my problem which they did not fix so not surprised the links did not work bit like there ID safe All the best I have kicked there rubbish products in to the long grass

Kudos0

I went through the same rigmarole a few weeks ago. The vault icon had disappeared. Norton tech support gave me the run around. In frustration I turned the Norton toolbar off and then back on again and hey presto, the vault icon was there. problem solved.

Kudos0

G Kemp

Those links are at present live for me although I've not clicked on them for safety; just copied the very long and complex URL behind them. I don't like the look of that but since it's a survey it may not be dangerous.

Are you by any chance in the UK since part of the URL which might identify you has .... yahoo.UK .... as part of it although the survey company seems to be CA based.

Just curious especially since the Forums, for safety, don't like live links posted in messages.

Not blaming you BTW --- it's a messy situation.

Hugh
Kudos1 Stats

Is this email from Norton legitimate?

Look at the section for Surveys.     satmetrics.com is listed there.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

To all,

Thank you very much for the suggestion of uninstalling and re-installing.  I completed the action, and still nothing.  Unfortunately it yielded the same results, which are as if my account never existed.

I am moving onto other identity product/AV combo and going to see how they work.  I can remember asking my wife why she keeps a sheet by her desk with all of the logins written on it.  I know she keeps a digital copy.  I told her that she should switch to Identity Safe.  It is hard for me to stand by that commitment, since I am now trying to recover my electronic logins.

Onwards and upwards.  I will come back from time to time to check on the progression, but for now my sights are set on finding another alternative.  And yes, I have a piece of paper on my desk with the new passwords as I look to restore some of digital identity.

Thanks for the wonderful support,

Michael

Kudos0

Hi Michael,

You are looking for another AV because your password manager does not work?  Why not just look for another password manager and keep you Norton AV? 

Kudos0

Hello,

I am person who believes in seeing the whole.  It is not a knock against Symantec's AV products.  I just need to see what is out there.  I renewed my subscription here a few weeks ago.  I will continue to use it, but if there is something that I prefer, well than that is an option.  I just have to look at what is out there.  Who knows, I may not leave either product.  But, I have to look.  I need a product sooner rather than later and no option will be kept off the table during this time.

Thanks,

Michael

Kudos0

hi mike  just moved to sticky password works perfect

Kudos0

hello

has this been fixed mine still not working

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.