• Todas las Comunidades
    • Todas las Comunidades
    • Foros
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Avanzado

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

eraser64.dll ... The specified module could not be found

Periodically I get a popup "There was a problem starting {path}/eraser64.dll.  The specified module could be found."  The {path} in this case is "C:\Program Files\Norton Security\NortonData\22.9.1.12\Definitions\SDSDefs\20170611.001".  That final directory does not exist.  However "C:\Program Files\Norton Security\NortonData\22.9.1.12\Definitions\SDSDefs\20170611.019" does exist.  If you're trying to parse that, the difference is in the final directory level which appears to be a date stamp with a qualifier.  Both date stamps are "today".  The error qualifier is "001".  The existing qualifier is "019". 

I am on Windows 10.  I don't see where I can get any version number for Norton Security.

File Attachment: 

Respuestas

Kudos0

Re: eraser64.dll ... The specified module could not be found

Try running LiveUpdate manually a few times, restarting as necessary, until no updates are available. Then restart once more and see if you still see the message.

To get the version of you Norton Product, on the main Norton Screen, click Help - About.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

"No updates found" the first time I ran LiveUpdate.  I can't see where it schedules LiveUpdate so I don't know if this happens every time or just episodically.  

Hopefully my Norton Security image is attached.  Nope.  Although I could attach a png the first time (see above) now it will only let me attach txt, pdf, and zip.  Try again.  

Hopefully my Norton Security zip is attached.  That apparently worked.  I suppose they do this just to make sure you really mean it.

Kudos0

Instructions to post screenshots can be found here
https://community.norton.com/forums/how-post-image-forums-0

Kudos0

Ah! The IMCE button, of course!  Seriously, thanks.  Any thoughts on the error message?

Kudos0

If there is a missing dll file, it sounds like you will need to get a fresh install of your Norton product. The easiest way to do this is to download and install the Norton Removal and Reinstall Tool. Be sure you read the Before you Begin section and run LiveUpdate manually a few times, restarting as necessary, until no updates are available.

Kudos0

Hello

The link for the Remove and Reinstall Tool is as follows.

www.norton.com/nrnr  

I think that peterweb forgot to give you the link.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Thanks floplot.

I guess it was getting late when I posted.

Kudos0

Before I go to the nuclear option, delete and reinstall, does anyone have any insight into how LiveUpdate actually works?  Just from the (missing) directory name and file name it would appear that LiveUpdate downloads DLLs which it then executes to remove specific threats should they exist.  I note that on my system there is now for example "~\20170613.021" from yesterday (for future reference "today's" date is 20170614).  I'm again guessing that it then deletes the directories when done.  Should I be right, that this process may not be perfect is evidenced by the fact that I also have "20170420.007" and "20170511.004" directories (last April and May respectively).  That I have yesterday's (last night's?) directory and did not receive the error popup indicates to me that usually this process works okay.

Kudos0

Does the "Notify a Moderator" link mean "Ask Norton/Symantec to Assist" or "This Guy is Being a Jerk"?

Kudos0

Hi @Olden Tired,

"Notify A Moderator" option is for reporting Forum Admin regarding any Spam, Move/edit post/comment, reporting any comment/posts which are not as per Forum official guidelines. 

Regarding eraser64.dll popup issue, this issue has been fixed. Could you please uninstall Norton completely and download and install fresh copy of Norton Security and  let us know if you are still getting popup message with latest definitions? Thanks

Sunil_GA | Norton Forums Administrator | Symantec Corporation

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.