• Todas las Comunidades
    • Todas las Comunidades
    • Foros
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Avanzado

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

issues with installing product and removing existing account

I recently purchased a copy of  Norton premium security but cannot load it. spoke to Norton who said my program had been hacked and I did not have a fire wall.  The operator offered to fix the issue but that I would have to pay two fees.  I find this difficult because I turn Norton on each time I use the computer and it has never informed me of any issue.  He said Norton was hacked and my new renewal cannot be installed because many of y files are not operating.  It appears the hacking was in June and July of 2017.

Respuestas

Kudos0

Re: issues with installing product and removing existing account

Hello John. Where did you purchase this from and what was the number you called? Did you get a pop-up of some kind with a number to call? Sounds like a scam from what you are telling us.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Home / Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.295 / N360 Deluxe 22.18.0.213 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00
Kudos0

Re: issues with installing product and removing existing account

Norton support is free.  You must have called an unaffiliated third-party.  I also doubt you were "hacked."

Fraudulent companies frequently use Paid Search to advertise their support services. If they receive a call from a Norton Customer they claim to be a legitimate Norton Support Partner, but they aren't. They charge money for their services and may steal your personal information or install malicious software on your computer.

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v105274822_En...

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.