• Todas las Comunidades
    • Todas las Comunidades
    • Foros
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Avanzado

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos1 Stats

How To Identify A Particular Computer In Norton Manage Devices

How do I Identify which devices are which in my Norton Manage Subscriptions menu?

One person said elsewhere that he has to turn all his devices, then turn them off and on one by one to see which is which. Well, all my devices aren't one place. I have a license for 10 devices!. There has to be a way to at least look in each devices version of installed Norton to see what is what? This is absurd. I've gotten rid of some devices and wiped them clean, yet they show up on Norton. I don't want to inadvertently delete a device someone in my family is using.

Please, there has to be some way of doing this?

Regards... 

Respuestas

Kudos1 Stats

Re: How To Identify A Particular Computer In Norton Manage Devices

If you look on each device at the main Norton Security window and click on Help - About. The name that Norton has assigned for the Device section of the Norton Account web page should be shown at the top of that information window.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Hello Gavacho,

Could you please follow either of the following steps.

STEP - I

1. Login to my.norton.com

2. Navigate to https://my.norton.com/devices/home/transferlicense

Here you can see all your devices and the subscriptions to which they are mapped to. From here you can remove the unused devices.

OR STEP - II

1. Navigate to https://my.norton.com/account/subscriptions

2. Select the subscription > Click on the link - 'Manage Subscriptions'

This will also list the devices mapped to that subscription. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Christy.

Kudos1 Stats

Gavacho

How do I Identify which devices are which in my Norton Manage Subscriptions menu?

Sorry. I just re read your question. The name you see on the Subscriptions page, is the name that Windows has for the computer Name.  Press the Windows key + Pause key at same time to see your system information. Look at the Computer Name listed there and that should match the name listed in the Subscription page of your Norton Account.

Kudos0

I knew how to find the names of all my devices, but that's nothing like they are called by Norton in manage subscriptions. They  are called names like "Windows 10-1, Windows 7-2". And the like. You have to guess which is which and try to rename them best you can. Causes problems if you have old devices you've gotten rid of and want to deactivate the license for use somewhere else or later. 

peterweb:

Gavacho

Sorry. I just re read your question. The name you see on the Subscriptions page, is the name that Windows has for the computer Name.  Press the Windows key + Pause key at same time to see your system information. Look at the Computer Name listed there and that should match the name listed in the Subscription page of your Norton Account.

Kudos0

Thanks for the tips Christy, but I've been to the subscriptions page and it gives no clue as to what device is which. The phone is easy to figure out, but I have up to ten devices and renaming them is pain. Especially if you delete one and find it was still active. 

Here you can see all your devices and the subscriptions to which they are mapped to. From here you can remove the unused devices.

OR STEP - II

1. Navigate to https://my.norton.com/account/subscriptions

2. Select the subscription > Click on the link - 'Manage Subscriptions'

This will also list the devices mapped to that subscription. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Christy.

Kudos0

Peter,

I went to the individual Norton on my computer and clicked Help-About and under "Device Name" it says not available. 

peterweb:

If you look on each device at the main Norton Security window and click on Help - About. The name that Norton has assigned for the Device section of the Norton Account web page should be shown at the top of that information window.

Kudos0

I went to the individual Norton on my computer and clicked Help-About and under "Device Name" it says not available. 

Using a Windows Admin account, open Norton and click on Settings - Administrative Settings and scroll down to Remote Management. Be sure that setting is turned on, and click Apply. Then go back to the main Norton screen and click on Help - Subscription Status to sync your computer with the Norton servers. There may be some delay, but that should get a Name that Norton has assigned on your Devices page.

Thanks for the tips Christy, but I've been to the subscriptions page and it gives no clue as to what device is which.

That is where my other suggestion above comes in. See my information in this post above to get the Computer Name from each computer. That is the name that shows up in the My Subscriptions page.

Kudos0

Peter,

Thank you for your reply.

I am logged in under a my Windows Administrative account and the remote management slider is grayed out. I logged into my Norton account online and can find no way to activate it. I have come across many posts regarding this. People seem to be having trouble.

BTW, isn't it asking for trouble having this option on? I'm sure Norton has it off by default for a reason. I guess if someone hacked my account, they'd have access to all the devices I presume. 

Thanks...

peterweb:

Using a Windows Admin account, open Norton and click on Settings - Administrative Settings and scroll down to Remote Management. Be sure that setting is turned on, and click Apply. Then go back to the main Norton screen and click on Help - Subscription Status to sync your computer with the Norton servers. There may be some delay, but that should get a Name that Norton has assigned on your Devices page.

Thanks for the tips Christy, but I've been to the subscriptions page and it gives no clue as to what device is which.

That is where my other suggestion above comes in. See my information in this post above to get the Computer Name from each computer. That is the name that shows up in the My Subscriptions page.

Kudos0

BTW, isn't it asking for trouble having this option on? I'm sure Norton has it off by default for a reason. I guess if someone hacked my account, they'd have access to all the devices I presume. 

If your Norton Account got hacked the only thing anyone can do with this Remote Management is to disable your Norton Security. They cannot access your devices.

If the remote management option is greyed out, you might need to refresh your Norton installation. Best way to do this is with the Norton Removal and Reinstall Tool from here.    www.norton.com/nrnr    Be sure you read the Before you Begin section, and run LiveUpdate manually a few times, restarting as necessary, until no updates are available.

Kudos0

They could disable my security? That's enough isn't it?

I've done an extensive search of this problem and I'm far from the first person to ask how to fix it. Many people have tried shutting down all their devices and hope the "online" indicator the manage devices area gives them a clue. It doesn't work most of the time. A lot of people guess, and manually change the names. Some people completely uninstall Norton on all their devices, delete all the name in Manage Devices, and start all over. Sometimes this works. Many time not. I have 10 devices. Needless to say it's a pain. It would be a lot easier Norton made it a simple process. 

Several of the other devices I have don't have the remote management grayed out. I tried the fix you suggested and on one it worked after several hours. On the rest it hasn't. It's taking considerable time to try and resolve this. It should be easier than it is. 

I'll just muddle through it. Live and learn. Thanks for the help. I'll post back if anything ever works, or if Norton makes the process easier.

Thanks!

peterweb:

If your Norton Account got hacked the only thing anyone can do with this Remote Management is to disable your Norton Security. They cannot access your devices.

If the remote management option is greyed out, you might need to refresh your Norton installation. Best way to do this is with the Norton Removal and Reinstall Tool from here.    www.norton.com/nrnr    Be sure you read the Before you Begin section, and run LiveUpdate manually a few times, restarting as necessary, until no updates are available.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.