• Todas las Comunidades
    • Todas las Comunidades
    • Foros
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Avanzado

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Vanished Backup

After update and patch application -  Name change to "Norton Security Ultra" and Backup has disappeared!!

Tried deletion of product, then download and reinstallation all OK including Backup, but recurrence of issues when LiveUpdate used and patch applied.

Respuestas

Kudos0

Re: Vanished Backup

Hi @Todd D Wauchob,

Thanks for reporting in Norton Community Forums. Can you please provide below details for further investigation?

- "Name change to "Norton Security Ultra" and Backup has disappeared!!" Do you mean Backup option itself missing from Norton main UI?

- Norton Security version with Backup in working state

- Norton Security version after patch update without Backup

Sunil_GA | Norton Forums Administrator | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Not sure of previous version on this machine , but my laptop has V 22.16.0.247 - this is unaffected This machine (Desktop) is V22.16.1.4
Kudos0

Current Version of Norton Security Ultra is V: 22.16.1.4 The report card suggests Backup disabled but no sign of "Backup" on the "Ultra" dashboard or settings Uncertain what previous version was , but version on my laptop is V:22.16.0.247 Laptop machine does not require LiveUpdate or patch
Kudos0

Yes - all reference to Backup gone from UI, but reference of "disabled" for Backup in Report Card
Kudos0

Same thing here, NS Premium changed to NS Ultra, Backup gone 

Kudos0

Chris Dee:

Same thing here, NS Premium changed to NS Ultra, Backup gone 

File Attachment: 
Στιγμιότυπο 2018-10-25, 22.27.44.pdf

How to post an image in the forums.

Kudos0

I have the same issue. See this post.

The new version is 22.16.
On my other machines the version is 22.15 and I still have backup.

File Attachment: 
Kudos0

RD WebDesign:

I have the same issue. See this post.

The new version is 22.16.
On my other machines the version is 22.15 and I still have backup.

File Attachment:
norton001.pdf

How to post an image in the forums.

Kudos0

Hi @RD WebDesign & @Chris Dee, Can you please provide below details?

- Please confirm Norton Security Ultra version 22.16.1.4? 

- Norton Security product installed language? 

- Did you reinstall/Downloaded Norton from Norton Management portal or Norton Update Center to receive Norton Security 22.16.1.4 or running LiveUpdate updated the Norton Security to Norton Security Ultra 22.16.1.4?

Kudos0

Initially I used LiveUpdate the deleted installation and reinstalled from "Portal".

This returned things to normal but after further LiveUpdate I have Ultra and no Backup as described.

Must be something in the recent update and or patch.

Am now very wary of using LiveUpdate on my unaffected Laptop.!!

Urgent advice would be appreciated..

Kudos0

Norton Security Ultra version: 22.16.0.147
Language: Brazillian Portuguese

I've installed Norton Security Premium.
Yesterday, I noticed the product name changed to "Security Ultra", after an update (automatic live update).
No more backup. I can't find options for backup either.

I search google and Norton site for "Ultra" product and didn't find anything else, just this post.
I didn't reinstall. I was afraid to break thing even more.

Obs: this only happend on my Windows 10 machine. Nothing has changed on windows 7 machines.

Kudos0

Interesting response from RD Webdesign that Windows 7 unaffected My affected machine is Windows 10 1803 My so far unaffected laptop is Windows 10 1809, having updated (Microsoft) before it was pulled! No issues with that update incidentally.
Kudos0

One more detail about my unaffected laptops:
- the Norton Security of version on unaffected laptops are 22.15 (I can't verify the exact version at the moment).

Kudos0

I think Symantec solved the problem, but I have to find it out by my self.

I tried to update Norton again. Result:

• Now the version changed to 22.16.0.247;
  • Product name changed to "Norton Security";
  • The backup is back;

See the image:

Kudos0

LiveUpdate has not changed anything on my machine - did you do a reinstall?

Kudos0

No, no reinstalls.

When I saw the change to "Norton Security Ultra", I did not reinstall. I researched google and Norton site and found your post.
Today, I decided to try an update before uninstallation and this worked for me.

Kudos1 Stats

Support got back to me, problem is fixed, just remove and reinstall the product. Worked for me.

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

Just run LiveUpdate and had a further patch applied - all now resolved. thus did not need to uninstall and then reinstall fortunately!

Well done to the Support team for fixing this issue.

Does beg the question as to how the problem update/patch was released in the first place, but ….

All's well that ends well.

Happy Halloween!!

Kudos0

Some patches/updates require multiple runs of LiveUpdate to get the full update. From the Announcement for this update...

You may need to run LiveUpdate and reboot a few times before your product is completely updated to the latest version.

So there may not have been any problem with the patch. I just needed the additional steps to complete the installation.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Hello

I would say that Symantec made a change since they had to revise the original Announcement and add the information about 22.16.1.4.. They said it was a minor change, but I can't remember ever seeing a minor change result in a version change like it did with 22.16.1.4. A change like that would have been announced to the Gurus before the Announcement goes live in most other cases. As someone had mentioned previously " All;s well, that ends Well".

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.2.47 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos2 Stats

floplot:
...A change like that would have been announced to the Gurus before the Announcement goes live in most other cases....

Hi Sunil_GA:

Would it be possible for you to go back to your old procedure of posting new product update announcements in the Product Update Announcements blog every time a "minor" product update is released instead of editing older announcements?

I'm subscribed to the Product Update Announcements blog but I've stopped getting notifications about "minor" product updates since you started editing older announcements. For example, I didn't receive an e-mail about the v22.15.1.8 update (rel. Sep 2018) because you edited the old v22.5.0.88 (rel. Aug 2018) announcement <here> and changed the title instead of posting a new announcement.  I also wasn't notified when you announced the release of v22.16.1.4 <here> (which is very relevant to this thread even though v22.16.1.4 is not currently available via LiveUpdate).

On several occasions in the past one of these "minor" products updates has corrupted my Norton installation and forced me to perform a clean reinstall, and it would be helpful if non-Gurus also had some way of being notified each time a product update was posted on the update servers.
-----------
32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox ESR v52.9.0 * Norton Security Premium v22.15.1.8

Kudos0

Update: 

The issue "Backup option missing after product update" has been resolved. Please reinstall Norton from Norton Remove and Reinstall or download and install Norton from Norton Management portal. 

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.