• Todas las Comunidades
    • Todas las Comunidades
    • Foros
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Avanzado

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Malware not detected by Norton

We have Norton Security Premium with Backup on all our devices. One Windows 10 PC got infected with Relevant Knowledge malware. Seems pretty serious, I read something about a key logger!

How come this can be installed while I am 'protected' by Norton?

Norton promises real-time protection against existing and emerging malware including ransomware and viruses.

Should I ask for a refund?

Malwarebytes Premium (Trial) did find 53 threats and quarantined the infection...

Scan Type: Threat Scan
Scan Initiated By: Manual
Result: Completed
Objects Scanned: 320853
Threats Detected: 53
Threats Quarantined: 53
Time Elapsed: 0 min, 53 sec

Respuestas

Kudos1 Stats

Re: Malware not detected by Norton

@BaX0

It looks like you have picked up a PUP, a Possibly Unwanted Program. While they are annoying, they do not cause damage to your system. Some people actually want the 'Features' offered by these programs. They are usually downloaded alongside a legitimate download when you do not uncheck the option for the additional download.
Norton products concentrate on malware that can damage your system, that is why some PUPs are not detected.

Norton detects some PUPs as PUAs, Potentially Unwanted Applications.  Norton isn't as strict on PUP/PUAs as Malwarebytes but you can check here for some of the programs detected by Symantec / Norton products.

https://www.symantec.com/security_response/landing/azlisting.jsp?azid=P

Scroll down to PUA.x.

Above info originally supplied by @peterweb and @Krusty13

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.