• Todas las Comunidades
    • Todas las Comunidades
    • Foros
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Avanzado

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Patch won't apply

I have Norton Internet Security on Windows 8.1.  For MONTHS I have been advised of a patch but it won't apply (no error message) just closes live update screen.  I have tried restarting the computer and doing another live update with no success.  I do not have nor had any other security program.  I have also tried "apply later", reboot and re-run live update with no change.  It is just annoying, I don't think it really matters?

Labels: LiveUpdate

Respuestas

Kudos1 Stats

Re: Patch won't apply

Hello. Have you set "fast startup" to off? That setting is known to cause issues on Windows 8.1 and 10 systems. Here is how to set it in case you aren't familiar with the setting.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Home / Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.175 / N360 Deluxe 22.17.2.47 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00
Accepted Solution
Kudos0

Wow, I didn't even know such a thing existed!  But you were right, thank you so much.  It is so nice to see the green screen again with "all up to date again"  Thank you thank you thank you.

Kudos0

You are most welcome!!

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Home / Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.175 / N360 Deluxe 22.17.2.47 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.