• Todas las Comunidades
    • Todas las Comunidades
    • Foros
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Avanzado

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Password Manager button, does Nothing

windows 10 pro.

Norton Security Suite  / Online Safety

The Password Manager button does NOTHING.  What is up ? cloud vault is still available.

It used to open my local vault.  I like to have a local and cloud vault.

thanks

John Casey

Labels: Local Vault

Respuestas

Kudos0

Re: Password Manager button, does Nothing

@johncasey37

As a Comcast customer, and your mention of Norton Security Suite (NSS) - are you in fact running the older version of NSS which provided no Online Vault usage, or have you upgraded to Norton Security Online (NSO)?  NSO does provide an Online Vault and also free usage for mobile devices (up to 5 devices total).  With NSS you needed to purchase Norton Mobility in order to use an Online Vault.

After answering the question as to which version of Comcast's offering you are running, please tell us which browser you are using (and which browser is set as your default browser).  I also have both a Local and an Online Vault and am using NSO, but on WIN 7 rather than WIN 10.  The only browser that still permits you to use the Local Vault is Internet Explorer. One thing, be sure not to permit Norton to merge your vaults or you will lose your Local Vault.

The following is info on how to get NSO and other general info on it:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Anti-Virus-Software-Internet-Security/NEW-...

Please answer the above questions and we'll try to help further.

Kudos0

More info:

I have access both local and cloud vault for years. Until a few days ago.

The cloud vault is accessed thru a browser, I have several. This is NOT the issue.

From start button, win 10, brings up NSS (no browser used) the button that normally opens the local vault does nothing, no pop up, no error, just nothing.

whats up?

Maybe I did (changed) something ....that did this? but not sure what. I do run live update.

NSS version: 22.16.3.21

thanks

John Casey

Kudos0

But you failed to answer a single question that was asked of you. Why? If you want help, you need to provide information that is asked.

Kudos0

Sorry, thought I was being clear. i don't really understand all the variations of Norton. Browser does not seem relevant with my issue, not using a browser. Will try to upload a jpg. The button(password manager) to open the local vault does nothing.

I cannot open my local vault, on the NSS screen, no browser is being used at all.

File Attachment: 
Kudos0

I am also having this problem. I have Norton Security Deluxe. It started a couple of days ago. I tried to sign into my password manager. When I clicked on it, it said to sign into my account, I entered my ID and password, it said "redirecting...please wait" and then nothing. I tried again to sign in the next day, and when I clicked the password manager, nothing at all would happen. I have even tried to sign into my vault on my Norton toolbar on Internet Explorer 11 (Windows 7)  like I always have, and it will not do anything anymore either. Everything else seems to be working fine, it's just password manager. I have attached two photos, one of the Norton Security Deluxe Main menu and one of the Norton toolbar I have on Internet Explorer.

Kudos0

Kudos0

Thanks, yes, that is the button that worked last week and for years....Now does nothing.

Kudos0

johncasey37, Is this same as some of the postings here:- https://community.norton.com/en/comment/8079201#comment-8079201. That thread started as having to sign into account prior to signing into vault but I believe includes postings on something similar. We have all been waiting since beginning November for a POSITIVE answer from Norton.

Kudos0

I don't think so, Those people are complaining that they "have to log in to their vault". "heaven forbid" lol

I have always had to "log in" to my vault, local or cloud. My issue is the "password manager" button does nothing, you can click it 1000 times....and ...nothing...which is my "local vault" cannot get to it. I can get to the cloud vault with a browser,easy.

Kudos0

johncasey37, If you go thru' the postings, there are some that say by clicking on the toolbar 'Vault' button in IE or Password manager button in Norton GUI, they get no response. ie. option to open Vault or to sign into account does not go any further (see bjm's post above). I, along with other people, has this problem from 22.10 issue in June 2017. This does occasionally come up, a reboot then works OK, need to sign into account which allows access to vault sign in, first posting 4th November on this issue, still no resolution from Norton which is par for the course. Later posts seem to report same issue as yours.

Kudos0

i did reboot and logged into the local vault, it worked as normal. I logged in.

I did not try that sooner as i had rebooted a few times in the last several days.

I logged out and back in, and it still works. 

thanks

Kudos0

I just did a reboot of my computer also. Everything seems to be working normally now. I had rebooted once before with no luck.

Kudos0

Ever since my problem started, I have had to restart up to 3 times in succession for it to work although this is very, very, seldom, normally a single restart does job. Some times this may happen couple of times in so many days, sometimes don't see the issue for a month. Can't work out if computer issue or Norton issue BUT did originally start same day as installing Norton 22.10 which must be significant. At the time, other people were reporting same issue, 18 months on, Norton have dismissed issue - never resolved like other problems.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.