• Todas las Comunidades
    • Todas las Comunidades
    • Foros
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Avanzado

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Identiy Safe Hassle!!!

Norton updated my renewal. I now have N360 v6.2.1 etc with Win7 OS. . Since then the IDS has not worked correctly. It no longer asks if I want to save passwords for the new websites I register with. I have to go into IDS options and manually add the URL, username and password. To do this every time is a pain. It s/b giving me the popup box option of don't save or save now. Alos since the update it no longer fills in one website. I have manually entered it 10 times over and no luck. It used to even though there is a newer version of the library website which it fills in just fine. I have removed and reinstalled N360 as well as deleted all the IDS passwords and setup and imported them back. My problem still exists. Is there a solution or is this permanent inconvenience I get for upgrading Norton?

Respuestas

Kudos0

Re: Identiy Safe Hassle!!!

Norton updated my renewal. I now have N360 v6.2.1 etc with Win7 OS. . Since then the IDS has not worked correctly. It no longer asks if I want to save passwords for the new websites I register with. I have to go into IDS options and manually add the URL, username and password. To do this every time is a pain. It s/b giving me the popup box option of don't save or save now. Alos since the update it no longer fills in one website. I have manually entered it 10 times over and no luck. It used to even though there is a newer version of the library website which it fills in just fine. I have removed and reinstalled N360 as well as deleted all the IDS passwords and setup and imported them back. My problem still exists. Is there a solution or is this permanent inconvenience I get for upgrading Norton?

Kudos0

Hi SondraAllenArtis,

Norton 360 version 6 uses a new and different Identity Safe component than earlier N360 versions.  Instead of a popup to prompt to save a login, the popup is now replaced by a bar across the top of the webpage.  If you are not accustomed to it, it is easy to miss. 

Also, there may be some sites that do not work properly.  When you experience this, click the Identity Safe button on the Norton Toolbar and use the "Report issue" option to bring the problem to Symantec's attention.

Kudos0

Hi,

Also, what browser are you running? If you are running Firefox 12 and Norton 360 v6 and still do not see the Norton Toolbar, please check and ensure the Norton Toolbar plugin is enabled. You can do this by clicking on the Firefox menu, selecting Add-ons, and then clicking Enable next to Norton Toolbar.

Regards,

Albert

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.