• Todas las Comunidades
    • Todas las Comunidades
    • Foros
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Avanzado

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Identity Safe data export issue

I use the online Identity Vault, no problems.

My wife uses the old-style local Identity Vault with no password to open the vault (yes I know it's bad, but at least she has log-in security).  I attempted to export her data so I could install it on a new machine, but the export feature requires a password to function.  Since the password was never installed (to the best of my recollection), there's no password to enter in the field and the export can't complete.

Is there a way to deal with this, or is it likely that a password was used to set it up, we forgot it, and there is simply no way to succeed?  No data has been lost, and is backed up in an encrypted file, so it's really just a matter of convenience.

Respuestas

Kudos0

Re: Identity Safe data export issue

I use the online Identity Vault, no problems.

My wife uses the old-style local Identity Vault with no password to open the vault (yes I know it's bad, but at least she has log-in security).  I attempted to export her data so I could install it on a new machine, but the export feature requires a password to function.  Since the password was never installed (to the best of my recollection), there's no password to enter in the field and the export can't complete.

Is there a way to deal with this, or is it likely that a password was used to set it up, we forgot it, and there is simply no way to succeed?  No data has been lost, and is backed up in an encrypted file, so it's really just a matter of convenience.

Kudos0

Did you click on Show Password Hint when you are asked for the password validation?

I

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Yes, there was no hint. 

Kudos0

Are you sure she actually has logins stored? What do you see when you click on the Vault Open on the Norton Toolbar?

Try just clicking Enter when asked for the password.

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

Log-ins are stored in the safe; I set up and tested several for her which she uses.  Clicking "Vault Open", I see the standard list of options, including the recently used log Through "Settings" I can edit log-in data, through "All Logins" I can see the list.

I did try clicking "enter" for the password, but it was rejected.  More and more I am convinced that a valid password was required to set it up (years ago), which I must have entered.  I normally list all password data in my separate backup, but must have failed to do so.  Norton is asking for the password it stored and is simply not getting it and functioning as designed.

Kudos1 Stats

Broadhead wrote:
  No data has been lost, and is backed up in an encrypted file, so it's really just a matter of convenience.

If you can save that encrypted file in a CSV format, you may be able to import it into a new vault created for the new system.

Kudos0

Thanks for the tip; I will explore that avenue of approach.  That would be easier than the brute-force copying and pasting I was considering.

I am converting her machine to the online option.  The folders we can now create in the login data list make it easy to separate data for multiple users.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.