• Todas las Comunidades
    • Todas las Comunidades
    • Foros
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Avanzado

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Can I revert to OLD Norton toolbar until compatibility probs are fixed with new version/Chrome 32?

As you are aware there are incompatibility issues between the new Norton toolbar and Google Chrome 32. Until these problems are resolved, would it be possible to revert to the previous (and much more stable) version of the Norton toolbar? as that is certainly better than the "nothing" we get with the current stub. Otherwise, we might want to consider an alternative product like SpyBot. Thank you.

Respuestas

Kudos0

Re: Can I revert to OLD Norton toolbar until compatibility probs are fixed with new version/Chrome 32?

As you are aware there are incompatibility issues between the new Norton toolbar and Google Chrome 32. Until these problems are resolved, would it be possible to revert to the previous (and much more stable) version of the Norton toolbar? as that is certainly better than the "nothing" we get with the current stub. Otherwise, we might want to consider an alternative product like SpyBot. Thank you.

Kudos4 Stats

Re: Can I revert to OLD Norton toolbar until compatibility probs are fixed with new version/Chrome 32?

Reverting to an old version of the toolbar will not help as the problem only started when Chrome pushed some of us on to v32.

Symantec are working on it  -  http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Toolbar-Norton-Identity/Norton-Toolbar-Google-Chrome-32-Compatibility-issue/td-p/1075531

Windows 10 x64 1903
Kudos1 Stats

DasReboot wrote:

Hi DasReboot and welcome to the Norton Community Forums!

I'd go back to Chrome 31 rather than to a previous version of the Norton Toolbar...IMO if the latest NT doesn't work with Chrome v32 I imagine it would be the same (or even worse?) with a previous NT.

Edit: @Krusty13 - Sorry, you posted while I was still composing... 

You are always faster than me! 

Windows 7 HP SP1 32-bit | Chrome 65.0.3325.146 | NS 22.12.1.15
Accepted Solution
Kudos0

Just an update that the Norton Toolbar is WORKING again as of yesterday. So far, so good. Thank you for your support! 

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.