Pas ce que vous cherchiez ? Demandez aux experts !
Update on Norton Identity Safe changes on Chrome
Thank you for using Norton Identity Safe!
Every now and then products have to adapt to take advantage of big technology changes. In the last few years, major browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Apple Safari) have converged on a common way to package and run highly capable browser extensions.
To adapt to this change, we decided to rebuild Identity Safe from the ground up and made deliberate decisions based on our deep experience of securing your identity.
Our new design aims to give you a new view of all your vault items, with fast searching, viewing and editing.
By building on modern, standardized browser extension technology, we are now able to support browsers and operating systems - like Edge on Windows 10 and Safari on Mac - that were not available with the previous version of Norton Identity Safe.
Also with this design, we are now able to roll out more frequent fixes, improvements, and new features to all types of browser users on all platforms together.
We apologize for any inconvenience due to the new Identity Safe extension and want to let you know we are listening and working hard to improve – we hope you stick with us for our new developments!
With the new design comes some changes we'd like to highlight as well as some comments on what we are doing in the future:
- You still access your same online vault, but with some differences in how it’s done:
- Signing in to your vault uses the same Norton Account and vault password as before, but doesn’t use the Norton Security interface. You'll see some new screens from our extensions asking you for this information when you sign in.
- You will need to supply your vault password each time if you completely close and restart Chrome.
- We recognize and understand that this is a new experience - we are looking at future updates to make this process smoother - stay tuned!
- You cannot access a local vault on Chrome with this extension. We recommend converting local vaults to online vaults. If you want to keep using the local vault, it is still available for now from Internet Explorer or from the main Norton Security interface.
- Form filling looks and behaves a little differently
- Identity Safe now shows a pop-up in web pages (or you click on a small Norton badge icon) and can simply click on the login item you’d like to use.
- This change from the previous Identity Safe design looks small, but is a powerful way to ensure that you are in full control of choosing which login to fill and when to do it.
- We wanted to make sure the only way a website sees your login from your vault is when you take a definite action (that extra little click).
Q1. Does Identity Safe still work on Internet Explorer?
Yes. If you see a prompt when opening your vault to migrate your Chrome extensions, please follow through on doing that (or uninstall Chrome if you are no longer using it) and you'll be able to open your vault in Internet Explorer.
Q2. I've tried to update my Identity Safe on Chrome but still can't open my vault on Internet Explorer - why?
Q3. What is happening with the Norton Security Toolbar?
Our Norton Security Toolbar uses browser technology that Chrome has announced will be removed in the future – see more information here:
Our initial steps were to release our updated Norton Identity Safe extension.
We also saw this change as an opportunity to give a better experience and usability of your websites by removing the space taken up by your toolbar. Don’t worry, it is still active and helping protect your online activities.
Coming soon, we will release an update to your Norton Security Toolbar that will refresh the experience of the toolbar: