• Toute la Communauté
    • Toute la Communauté
    • Forums
    • Idées
    • Blogs
Avancé

Pas ce que vous cherchiez ? Demandez aux experts !

Remerciements1 Stats

A bit of barnstorming on ID Safe Vault Log-in Problems

As everyone knows, I am an advocate of keeping the Local Vault (which I have), but I have been forcing myself to use (and attempt to abuse) the Online Vault.  I have done quite a bit of troubleshooting trying to duplicate others Online Vault problems over the past 2 months.  Lot's of enabling, disabling, changing settings, etc and I have to admit I have not had any problems with using my Online Vault and it always does what I ask and expect from it.

Now I know everyone's system is different and after this past few months of usage without any problems, I have to wonder if perhaps part of the problem is not something external.  First thing that comes to my mind is the ISP.  Well, not the ISP by name, but by type of connection.  I am on Comcast broadband which is fast.  I am wondering if others who have problems may be on slower connections and part of their problem is in fact with the "slowness" of their connections and the necessary handshake with the Norton server?

I'm not even sure what I said is possible - the connection causing this situation, so hopefully others will chime in on my thoughts.

Also feel free to provide your own thoughts on the cause of the problems.

I do not intend for this thread to be a place to bash Norton for the lack of apparent action or for any rants, or another KEEP LOCAL VAULT thread.    If that occurs I will ask for the thread to be removed.

Réponses

Remerciements1 Stats

Re: A bit of barnstorming on ID Safe Vault Log-in Problems

Hi Yank -

I don't think the problem is specifically/purely related to access speed and/or connection performance (though I'm sure there are times and situations under which it certainly is a factor)...  For example, here's the results of my Speedtest.Net BB performance test which I took just prior to this posting:

Due to the BB needs & requirements of my profession I have always been at (made use of) the up-end of the currently available local BB services - whomever they happen to be at the time.

However, there definitely (and obviously) is a real problem that seems to revolve around remote server to client endpoint interfacing (call it cloud access, if you so prefer).  Yet the question still remains, what is the cause of the "issues"?

So here's my take on it - I think that the breakdown (if you will) has something to do (is related to) the localized (on device) mechanism or "programmatic architecture" that's being employed.  One that normally works, but once "perturbed" (by whatever causation) induces these remote access issues into a more persistent "fail-mode" behavior - and one which can/does affect "user account" as well as "vault resource" access ability...

Okay - You got the ball rolling - Hopefully others will chime in as well...

Cheers!

John

Remerciements0

I am on Comcast broadband and I DO NOT LIKE the changes Norton has made to the ID Vault.  It no longer has a drop down menu from the toolbar and it does NOT auto fill.  It is slowing down me and my computer. This new version sucks!  Can I reinstall the old version?  I am the only person who uses my computer.

Remerciements1 Stats

I very seldom use Norton Identity Safe (because I have another password system which now offers me synchronization between other devices (PC/phone/tablet) through my local WiFi network!). I regularly try the ID Vault if my other system fails at any site. Now I tried my ID vault due to yank's thread.

I was surprised, my record for Norton Community did not work! The options Auto-fill and Auto-Submit are checked, but I had to copy and paste the password. No orange boxes anymore?

My issue has nothing with connection speed to do, I am running with a local vault. I have win7x64 and tested with FF 35.0.1

NS Deluxe / NS Online - Win10 // NMS on Android phones.
Remerciements0

Firefox does NOT allow the Norton toolbar anymore!

Remerciements0

Hello jhstein

What version number of Firefox are you running? Also what Norton product and version number? Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Remerciements0

Please see this thread:

https://community.norton.com/en/comment/6231231#comment-6231231

I have requested this in order to prevent this thread from going off topic, so please let's get back on topic and wait until the post by jhstein is moved  prior to replying.  Also he referenced post is in a solved thread and will receive greater visibility in a thread of it's own.

Thanks for understanding.

Remerciements0

I am using Firefox 35.0.1, use Windows 7Professional 64bit and am using the latest version of Norton Internet Security.  I can't locate product numbr

Remerciements0

The problems are driving me mad. I get at times the vault has closed, then it whats to create a new vault/password. After a number of reboots I gat it to come up with my log on menu, better than some early times when it rejected my password, at least it is now accepting the password.

I am logged into NS, name is displayed so that's not the problem. It started about a week agao and I am going to look into a different pasweord manager as I am badly dyslexic so passwords are a nightmare!

Remerciements0

Hi JohnDissident,

Since you do not use the Local Vault on NSS very often, could you perhaps have the log-in for the old forum and do not have the log-in for the newer forum in your Vault?  Bear in mind, this is a Local Vault, which does not sync with the Norton Online Vault, nor any other password manager you are using.  If I remember correctly we had to reset our password before we could get into the new forum.

Remerciements0

Sorry, yank, I should not have used your thread to post my comment; I do not have any login issues with my local vault. Feel free to move my posts to a new thread with jhstein's two posts.

My password is updated to the new forum, but I do not have any autofill and no orange boxes (I had to manually copy/paste the password).

However, I followed Vivek_Kalia's advice in https://community.norton.com/en/comment/6185831#comment-6185831:
“Disable the Symantec add-ons in manage add-ons windows and close the IE Reopen IE and turn on the Symantec add-ons Close and open IE again.”

bjm commented: “....for what purpose”, but I can tell you: This worked with Firefox 35.0.1 too.!

However, it looks like I have to repeat the disable/enable each time I want to use the ID Safe. Something is wrong....

Edit: No, not necessary to repeat the disable/enable. I have now restarted FF several times, the credentials fields for Norton Community are colored orange and the data are properly submitted. Thanks to Vivek_Kalia.

NS Deluxe / NS Online - Win10 // NMS on Android phones.
Remerciements0

No problem John - it looks like we (I) lost control of this thread since the moderators seem to disappear on the weekends.

Thanks for the info re: Vivek_Kalia's advice.

Remerciements0

Yesterday afternoon, Feb 21, I got through to Norton's customer service via telephone, and spoke to the rep.  After airing my grievances she told me it was being worked on by Norton's tekkies  and assured me that it would be fixed by today.  I turned off my computer and waited until 3:00 pm today to start it up.  Guess what?  It worked and now Norton's toolbar is running with Firefox 35.0.1 and it now auto fills.  I am very sure that there must have been thousands of complaints made by others worldwide and the tekkies worked overtime on this one.  Thank you Norton.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.