• Toute la Communauté
    • Toute la Communauté
    • Forums
    • Idées
    • Blogs
Avancé

Pas ce que vous cherchiez ? Demandez aux experts !

Ce sujet a besoin d'une solution.
Remerciements0

8504, 104 Error with Norton Version NSBU-ESD-22.2.0.31-EN

Experiencing problems with Norton on Several Windows 7 workstations.

After Windows update the past two nights I have had the error message 8504, 104 to appear on the workstations after a delayed period.  I noticed that Norton was in a "stopping" state in windows services and the ability to connect to the workstations remotely (RDP) was not available.

Yesterday I fixed the issue by removing Windows update "Security for Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 (KB3035490).  This was 1 of 3 updates installed that night. Overnight many updates were installed automatically again, causing the same issue to reappear.  

I do not have time to investigate which of the updates last evening is stopping Norton agaun, so I did a system restore on the machines and set auto updates to manual for now until Norton provides a resolution.

I have performed extensive scans for Malware and Viruses which came back negative.

Réponses

Remerciements0

Re: 8504, 104 Error with Norton Version NSBU-ESD-22.2.0.31-EN

Does recent Windows Update History show any Failed.    eg: Update KB3035490..showed Failed.

Have you determined Norton v22 is now fully functional.  Sometimes System Restore will break Norton.

Information re Error: "8504,104" appears on my Norton product
Please confirm W7 and Norton running normal
IMO ~ If your plan is... "Norton provides a resolution"  ....  is not reality. 

Remerciements0

I experienced this yesterday installing the NS 22.5 BETA on my Windows 10 testbed !

Since the recommended by Norton remedy for that error is to run the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool  and since the present version is not intended to run under Windows 10 and reinstall the beta I just repeated the installation on top of the "partial" one knowing that the first action was to uninstall any Norton it found and replace it.

However that hung with a message that it could not because another instance of the downloader was running. I think I managed to stop that one by rebooting (it did not show up in Task Manager but then Windows 10 is not necessarily fully functional) and I ended up with a functional BETA installed.

All of which has little to do with your problem (unless you are unfortunately running the Windows 10 Technical Preview which is a beta+ type product) except to suggest that you reboot and run the NRRT Tool which you can get from Norton Remove & Reinstall Tool .

Hugh
Remerciements0

Since the recommended by Norton remedy for that error is to run the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool

Error: "8504,104" appears on my Norton product
STEP 1: Download and run the Norton Removal Tool

Remerciements0

STEP 1: Download and run the Norton Removal Tool

I can only quote what the page I was linked to said to do .....

They both probably use the same removal tool.

Hugh

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.