• Toute la Communauté
    • Toute la Communauté
    • Forums
    • Idées
    • Blogs
Avancé

Pas ce que vous cherchiez ? Demandez aux experts !

Ce sujet a besoin d'une solution.
Remerciements0

Identity Safe login fails

Vault is closed. Attempting to open the vault.

Click on Vault Is Closed on toolbar. Prompted with "Get Started" sign in prompt (no account name next to the Gear icon). Click Sign in button. Dialog box appear Norton Internet Security | Sign In. Correctly displays my account email address and asks for password. Enter password (which works if I go to the Norton website home page login). 

Dialog says it's trying to connect. Dialog box closes and I'm returned to the original "Get Started" which, clicking Sign in, leads me through the same prompts and failure. No error message is displayed, but this has a feel like the server it's trying to connect to is not responding. (Hint: add some error checking!!)

After a while, if I try to open the Vault again, I no longer have to sign in to my account, only the local Vault. I assume the call to the server to authenticate the account now works so only the local password is needed (my account name displays next to the gear icon on the sign in prompt).

It is disconcerting that a server failure on your end will prevent me from getting my stored passwords on my local machine. This presents me with an unacceptable risk and I may have to consider Keepass instead of Identity Safe.

Réponses

Remerciements0

Re: Identity Safe login fails

It started last week. So I tried a chat session, twice. Other than trying to get access to my PC nothing helped. I refused access and asked them to provide me with steps to resolve the issue. Based on their answers I realized they only wanted to gat access to find out whether I was doing something wrong, like using the wrong PW. I completely re-installed Norton 360 based om their advice but nothing changed. I firmly believe it is Nortons server that is screwed up, at least when accessing it from a Windows 10 installation. I can safely log in to the identity web site via IE 11, so it is not a PW issue!

I have NOT been able to get Identity Save to work via the Norton Tool Bar. I still get the sign-in loop from the Norton server that gets me nowhere.

So far Nortons support on this issue is non existing.

Harald
Remerciements0

I'm having exactly the same problem. probably started about the same time...

Remerciements2 Stats

Hello All

Please try this to get things to work.

1.Open up your Norton product.

2.sign out of Norton product where it shows your email address on the upper right side.

3.Close up all browsers.

4.Wait a couple of minutes.

5.Open  up one browser.

6.Open up your Norton product.

7.Try to open up your Vault.

8. Please remember you will be asked for your email address and password for your Norton Account and then you will be asked for Password for your Vault.

Please come back and let me know if this has worked for you.

Thanks.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Remerciements0

it worked...thank you.
Remerciements0

It worked for me too. I hope it will survive reboot...

Harald
Remerciements0

Hello

I'm glad it has been working for you and you are welcome.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Remerciements0

thanks much, it works now....

Remerciements0

Thank you very much! It is working fine now

Remerciements0

Hi floplot.

I tried this but it made no difference - it timed out as before and I still can't open my vault.

This has only started happening on my Windows 8.1 laptop today. I can open my vault ok on my Windows 7 desktop (same browser IE11, same version 22.5.4.24 of NIS) .

What on earth is going on here?

Remerciements0

Hello n2009use27

I answered you in the thread where posted the same thing. Please do not double post the same post in more than one thread at the same time.

Thanks.

Remerciements0

Sorry  floplot.

I was getting a bit desperate so as there were a number of posts on this subject I thought I'd try this one too, just in case any new users might have had another way round it.

I'll stop posting here and stay on the other one.

Regards

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.